The S’More flavor profile is classic. That classic Hershey chocolate combined with gooey marshmallows and graham crackers will delight most people. For Jodi’s S’More Bar with Rolos, I took a couple recipes and a couple of my own ideas, jumbled it all together and I have to say that I’m pretty proud of this cookie. The Rolos add a touch of caramel to a classic and beloved treat. This recipe is one of my husband’s favorites…mine too.
I want to add a quick side story. I lived and served in England for you a year. I was helping develop a youth program at a church. One of the youth kids came to visit me after she graduated from college, and I took her out to a restaurant on Lake Union in Seattle. One of the dessert options was S’Mores. We were sitting out on the patio, and they would bring you your own little flame so you could toast your own marshmallows. She had no clue what a S’More was, which was when I realized this really is a classic American dish. We decided to order it, and it was so fun to introduce her to the S’More. The funniest part is that every table around us was intrigued by her first experience and kept weighing in their two cents about how to roast the perfect marshmallow. What a fun memory!
Ingredients Needed to Make Jodi’s S’More Bar with Rolos
- Box of Graham Crackers, Divided
- 14 Tbsp Butter, Divided
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Package Mini Marshmallows, Divided
- 3 Hershey Chocolate Bars, Chopped
- 3 Tbsp Milk
- 3 Packages Rolos, Chopped
How to Make Jodi’s S’More Bar with Rolos
- Preheat oven to 350. Put 2 sleeves of graham crackers in a food processor and process to fine crumbs. Melt 1/2 cup butter and add that, 2 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp vanilla to the graham cracker crumbs. Continue pulsing until fully incorporated.
- Once combined, press into a 9×13 pan, lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray (new addition that is not revealed in original photo). Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Combine 3 cups marshmallows, 3 Tbsp butter and 3 Tbsp milk in a large microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 1-1 1/2 minutes. Add in the chopped Hershey chocolate bars and stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread the mixture over the graham cracker crust.
- Next, coarsely break 9 graham crackers and put in a large bowl. Melt 3 Tbsp butter and toss with graham cracker chunks. Chop the rolos and add those to the mixture. Add 2 cups marshmallows and toss lightly. Put mixture over graham cracker crust.
- Bake on 350 8-10 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly browned. I baked my for 8 minutes and then put it under the broiler to char the marshmallows on top. Watch carefully!
- Cool completely before cutting and serving.