Day #34 – Glow Stick Bath

Need a quick and fun activity for the kids?  Glow stick bath!  I bought these glow sticks at Michael’s for $0.49-$0.99 each.  I snuck away to the bathroom before our evening bath time to get everything set.  When the kids came in, there was a quiet excitement.  It was a really cool experience.  Normally, bath time has bath toys, and the kids are singing and a bit loud.  There was this quiet calm as they experienced glow sticks in this environment.

Comments

We did this a while back when I saw it on Pinterest. We called it our outerspace bath. the kids still ask to do it. I used bubble bath which I normally don’t do but it made a really cool effect. I just bought 3 packs of 72 glow sticks off woot.com for $4.99 each. My kids liked it that much!!!

Oh my gosh! First, this was the most eye catching photo at Gingerbreadblogs link party! What a great idea. I own a pumpkin patch and corn maze and have tons of these glow sticks. I can’t wait for my grandson to come over and surprise him at bath time. One thing we have done with glow sticks is cut them open and mix them with a little sand and then sprinkle it on the ground at night. It doesn’t last long…but it looks cool! I’m your newest follower.

Ooo…I’ll have to check to see if our Target has it too. The kids loved it. Thanks for sending it my way. Got your text today and had never seen that before. I’ll totally do that one too. Keep it up.

Back in ’99 my husband actually did this for ME! Ha ha! :-) We were newly married (and pre-kids) and he wanted to surprise me after work one day. He grabbed some orange glow sticks from work (military), and made a peach scented bubble bath. He made tons of bubbles, threw the orange sticks to the bottom of the tub and turned the lights out! It was amazing!! Normally I am not a bath person (I prefer showers) but that night I stayed in until I looked like a prune and the water was cold! I hope to be able to do this for my kids, just have to figure out how to not cause an excema flare up with them! :-)

I LOVED this so much I featured them at TGIF this week (http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2012/02/tgif-linky-party-16.html) – As this is your 2nd feature I have a special featured again button for you =-) Email me at livinglifeintentionallyblog @gmail.com so I can email you the code. And don’t forget to come stop on by and link up what you’ve been up to this week. Thanks for sharing your creativity with all of us!!
    Beth =-)

I’ve discovered your blog through a Pinterest link and I love it! I have two girls that are similar ages to your kids (5 years and 18 months). This glow stick bath idea is brilliant…. We’ll have to try it. Thanks for sharing all of these great ideas with us.

I’m so glad you found me. I hope your girls have a lot of fun with this bath idea. You’re one behind in kid count – you have to keep up ;-). Thanks so much for commenting.