Are you a hard boiled egg lover? Do you find it hard to get to that snack you want? Today I bring you the best way to peel a hard boiled egg. This is a life hack that is a combination of a few tricks I’ve learned along the way. As Easter is approaching, I thought this would be the best time to share my tips for breaking into a hard boiled egg. For a number of my favorite breakfast ideas that use eggs, please visit my breakfast tab.
I put a YouTube video together to help make it easy for you to follow along, and I’ve also provided a step by step tutorial here. There are a handful of people who say they know how to boil a hard boiled egg, and I have tried a number different ways. I normally love my Williams-Sonoma Tools & Techniques(affiliate), but I have tried their method and didn’t have success. For the best method of cooking, I have found the most success with Martha Stewart’s way.
Best Way to Peel a Hard Boiled Egg
- Hard boil your eggs.
- Tap the two ends on the counter for the initial break. There are air pockets on the end that you want to break first.
- Lightly roll the egg on the counter to break the shell.
- Add a paper towel over the drain to catch all of the shells so they don’t go into the sink.
- Run under cold water while you peel the entire egg.
- Dispose of paper towel and enjoy!
If you follow these steps, the egg should release easily from the shell. This is a combination of a number of techniques I’ve tried. The paper towel is a hack my mother-in-law just thought recently as she knew cold water was the key but didn’t want the shells to fall down the drain.
I hope found the best way to peel a hard boiled egg helpful!