These cheddar cheese bites may just be the easiest recipe I ever share with you. That’s part of why I love it. It’s great to have simple, go-to recipes that can be made quickly for any occasion. When I was little, my mom would make these for an after school snack or an appetizer. As a picky eater, I was delighted when these were served.
Although I kept the main recipe super simple for those moms who have picky eaters like I do, I’m going to share some tasty twists with a variety of Sargento® cheese options. This recipe really can be adapted to meet a variety of food palates.
Let me introduce you to the hero in the recipe: the cheese. These cheddar cheese bites are made with Sargento® Sliced Cheese, which is 100% real, natural cheese. Did you know that Pasteurized Process Cheese Food (PPCF) is only required to contain 51% real cheese? It varies by product, but 51% is the minimum requirement. What? That is not what I want to serve to my family.
In contrast, Sargento® believes in authentic and never processed cheese experience. That is why the Sargento® company is known as #RealCheesePeople.
Ingredients Needed to Make Cheddar Cheese Bites
- 2 Cans Dough Sheet – Alternatively, you can use the traditional triangle shaped roles and just pinch them together into a full sheet. That’s what my mom used to do.
- Sargento® Sharp Cheddar Cheese – 14 slices
More Cheesy Bite Combinations
- Sargento® Swiss Cheese & Ham
- Sargento® Pepper Jack Cheese & Roast Beef
- Sargento® Provolone Cheese & Pepperoni
How to Make Cheddar Cheese Bites
- Un-roll out the dough rolls.
- Add a layer of cheese (7 slices). Add one more layer. I created a YouTube video that only shows only one layer of cheese. My family and I decided the cheesier the better, so it is definitely recommended to add that second layer.
- Un-roll the second dough roll on top.
- Pinch the edges together and pinch any holes found in the dough.
- Bake on 325° F for 12-14 minutes.
- Cut & serve.
Just see how easy it is here: