This pumpkin spice glaze recipe is perfect, whether you are making my delicious pumpkin scones, or fall flavored donuts, cookies, cakes or pumpkin bread. The autumn spices and pumpkin puree will accompany you favorite fall treats fabulously.
* Affiliate links provided for your convenience. Anything you purchase through these links helps to support Meaningful Mama and the free resources I provide. Thank you for choosing to support us.
The fall brings with it the unique smells and tastes that bring warmth and comfort. I love this season. Great food is not the only thing I love about the autumn. Anyone else love fall fashion?
Here’s a quote I find absolutely perfect: “I wasn’t quite ready for bikini season, but I’m definitely ready for hoodie season.”
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Glaze Recipe
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp half & half
2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
* Note: As a baker, I am a huge proponent of buying a good vanilla. I have linked to a vanilla that has been verified as a top contender because of the proven quality of the depth, quality of ingredients, flavors and complexity. It will make a difference in your recipes! Trust me.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Glaze Recipe
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. It’s as easy as that! Now it’s time to top your favorite fall treats with the amazing pumpkin spice glaze recipe.
Want a thinner consistency? Just add more half and half. Want it thicker? Add more powdered sugar.
Some people become concerned about the dairy in this and refrigeration concerns. Sugar tends to act as a preservative, so I don’t get too concerned with it sitting out a bit longer than normal. It’s best to make it right before you serve it. You can store a milk based glaze in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Take out and bring to room temperature before serving. Freezing pastries is always the best solution once they are covered in the glaze. A refrigerator will dry it out your baked goods.
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp half & half
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. It's as easy as that! Now it's time to top your favorite fall treats with the amazing pumpkin spice glaze recipe.
- Want a thinner consistency? Just add more half and half. Want it thicker? Add more powdered sugar.
Want Another Fun Fall Treat?
I hope the flavors presented today fill how your with the comfort that autumn tends to bring. Enjoy your harvest season with friends, family and celebration.