I was asked to make a saltier component for my daughter’s harvest party. Someone suggested Chex Mix, so I came up with this Salty & Sweet Pumpkin Spice Harvest Chex Mix. It’s such a fun twist on a classic favorite. The playfulness of the added candy corns, harvest colored M&Ms and pumpkins make it delightful for any harvest or Halloween celebration.
* Affiliate links provided for your convenience. Anything you purchase through these links helps to support Meaningful Mama and the free resources I provide. Thank you for choosing to support us.
Confession: I’m not a huge Chex Mix eater. My husband loves it. This Salty & Sweet Pumpkin Spice Harvest Chex Mix has changed my snacking habits. This stuff is dangerous. I made it early for my daughter’s harvest party. My plan was to stick it in the freezer until the big day.
Kids (and maybe a couple adults) kept eating it out of the pan, and I could tell it would quickly disappear. We had friends coming over the next evening to watch the Seahawks game. I knew it was time to make another batch. That batch also disappeared on game day.
You are going to love the smell of the Chex Mix while it is baking. Suddenly your home will transform into fall.
Ingredients Needed to Make Salty & Sweet Pumpkin Spice Harvest Chex Mix
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla (This is my favorite Mexican vanilla)
- 2 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 2 cups Cheerios cereal
- 3 cups pretzels
- 2 cups Bugels
- 1 1/2 cups candy corns
- 1 1/2 pumpkin candy
- 1 bag fall colored M & M’s
How to Make Salty & Sweet Pumpkin Spice Harvest Chex Mix
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- In a large baking pan (I use a roast pan), mix cereals and pretzels.
- Stir in pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar. Cook for one minute and then remove from heat. Add the vanilla and stir in completely.
- Pour sauce mixture immediately over cereals and toss to evenly coat pieces. Bake 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Once cool, stir in candy corns and candy pumpkins. A fun Halloween twist is to add candy eyeballs, but I stuck with a harvest theme.
I hope the smells and tastes of this Salty & Sweet Pumpkin Spice Harvest Chex Mix permeate your home this autumn season.