Jodi's Best Buttercream Frosting Recipe
With over a hundred positive reviews, this buttercream recipe is one who hits taste, texture and stability.
Servings 48 cupcakes
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening room temperature
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 lbs powdered sugar or about 8 cups (sifted for best results)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 oz heavy whipping cream
In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and butter until fluffy.
Add sugar, one cup at a time, mixing a bit between each addition. When adding sugar, you will want to start the mixer slowly so it doesn't explode everywhere.
Continue creaming until well blended.
Add salt, vanilla, and 6 ounces whipping cream. Blend on low speed until moistened.
Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy, 1-2 minutes.