I was walking into the grocery store the other day, and I spotted a bag of pinecones. This owl pinecone craft idea for kids was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the bag, and I snatched those pinecones right up. The pinecone craft probably came to mind because we have been into owls lately. After my daughter’s owl birthday party and our fun owl bucket craft, I guess owls have just been on the brain. Further, it is autumn and owls are definitely in season.
After I had already done this craft with my kids, I saw another one of my favorite bloggers do the same idea but slightly different. I would love for you to check out the version over at Red Ted Art. I think your kids will have a lot of fun making and displaying these great owl pinecone creations.
Materials Needed for Owl Pinecone Craft
Glue Dots (Hot glue is another options, but kids cannot help as much.)
How to Make the Owl Pine Cone Craft
- Using glue dots, attach the google eyes into onto the buttons. I had buttons with a little rim and the google eye fit in perfectly.
- Add glue dots to the edge of the pinecone first and then attach the eyes.
- Cut a triangle nose out of foam. I happened to have textured foam, so we used that.
- Attach a glue dot to the pinecone first and then add the foam nose.
- Add glue dots to the side of the owl and attach the feather color of choice. Each of our owls had to different feather color combinations.
Our little owls have been a decorating centerpiece on our dining room table as well as adorned our bookshelves this month. I hope you have some fun making these with your own kids.