Responsibility is an important character trait to teach to kids. These 20 Ways to Teach Kids to be Responsible from my character building series can help.
We can start teaching this to our kids at a young age, and my goal is to help equip you to do just that. In parenting, we have to approach it all with intention. Here you will find compilation of the lessons and activities I’ve done with my kids as well as resource I’ve found around the web that teach responsibility.
Character Building Series
If you are new to my character building education series, let me tell you a little bit more about these lessons. If you check out my character building tab, you will discover 52 character traits we work on throughout the year, which equals one word per week to focus on with your kids.
Hovering over the tab will reveal all of the words. Each character trait has 7-9 lessons, so if you wanted to work on character daily, this can be an amazing resource.
This year, I want to focus on cleaning up my series by presenting the lessons to you be compiling all of my lessons on a particular week, this week focusing on respect. In this series, you will find a word, definition, scripture to memorize, book lists and a number of activities and crafts related to the topic.
I have also included links to other bloggers who have lessons on the trait. I hope you are inspired to work on character with your kids because being intentional in your parenting will help give great direction to both you and your children.
Responsibility Character Building Education Lessons with Meaningful Mama
- Responsibility Word Ring for Kids
- Responsibility “I Will” Statements
- Teaching Responsibility Around the House
- Responsibility When Working as a Team
- Taking Responsibility for Our Actions in Role Playing
- Responsibility with the Fragile Things We’ve Been Given
- Responsibility and 20 Chores that Little Kids can Help With
- Teaching Responsibility with 10 Great Chore Charts
Responsibility Resources from Around the Web
- 12 Practical Life Activities for Kids by What We Do All Day
- 3 Tips for Raising Responsible (Happy) Kids by Living Well Spending Less
- How to Raise a Responsible Child by Your Modern Family
- 10 Books to Help Kids Become More Responsible by the Pragmatic Mom
- Free Printable Chore Chart by Coupons Are Great
- How to Teach Responsibility by Hands on as We Grow
- 10 Simple Tips to Teach Your Kids to Be More Responsible by Mom Junction
- Teaching Preschoolers Responsibility by One Time Through
- Responsibility Station by I Can Teach my Child
- Teaching Your Kids Financial Responsibility by Frugal Living Mom
- Stop Doing that For Your Kids by Your Modern Family
- Reminder to Myself: Don’t Coddle Your Boys by Frugal Fun for Boys
I’m hoping you will join me in embracing the goal to build character in our kids…the next generation. Teaching responsibility is such an important trait for our kids to learn. I hope I’ve given you some great resources to help start you on this journey.