While the world wants to speak lies over our children, we want to declare the truth. That is why I am providing you with these 50+ powerful scriptures to speak over children and a free printable with all the verses. When people can truly grasp what their Creator says about them, they can not only value themselves, but they can also fall more deeply in love with God.
Once that happens, kids (and adults) learn to love well because of how they were first loved.
Want more on this topic? Read here about how to help children find their identity in Christ.
50+ Powerful Scriptures to Speak Over Children
The idea to write out these powerful scriptures for kids started while I was doing the Bible Study, The Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer (affiliate link). If you haven’t sat under her teaching, you are missing out. I’ve done a handful of her studies, and I always walk away feeling better grounded in the Word of God.
This study was no different.
On one of the reference pages, she provides the following list of scriptures. I have adapted the statements slightly to make them “You are…” statements. I also chose some different wording for the statements as well as a few different scriptures than what she chose.
As I read the scriptures for myself, I quickly realized how much I wanted my children to believe deeply these truths about their identity.
We can fall into the trap of reading the Bible and thinking it is all about US instead of God’s story about HIM. It’s always important to know this is God’s story that He has been playing out since the beginning of time. That said, there are still so many vital truths to understand about how God sees us. It’s His story, but we get to be a part of it when we choose Him.
I want my kids to know this!
Free Bible Verse Printables for Kids
With this in mind, I started writing out these scriptures and taping these truths to my children’s door. As I did this, I realized I wanted to share the idea with you. As life is busy, my heart was to make it easy for you too. Therefore, I created these 50+ free Bible verse printables for kids that parents could easily print out and have available.
These 50+ powerful scriptures to speak over children can be hung on their bedroom doors, in their rooms, memorized together, or put on the refrigerator.
The reason I chose to hang the verses on their door is because it reminded me of the Jewish tradition of the Mezuzah, which means doorpost. In Deuteronomy, it says the following:
The Jewish people would put this scripture along with Deuteronomy 11:13-21 on a scroll and roll it into a small case set on the doorpost. Read more about the Mezuzah here.
While this is a Jewish tradition, it has absolute validity in Christianity. The Old Testament scriptures are the roots of our faith. As we read and study the Bible as a whole, we can see the stories pointing to Jesus the whole time. If you want to see this in a beautiful way, I encourage you to read the Jesus Storybook Bible to yourself and your children. (Amazon Affiliate Link)
While exploring these powerful scriptures, I wanted them on my kids’ doorposts as a reminder every time they walk past that threshold.
You’ll want to print these out. If you want them more durable, you will want to print on heavy cardstock (Amazon affiliate link). I added guidelines so that you would know where to cut, and this is easiest to do when you have a paper cutter (Amazon affiliate link).
To get a centered and even cut, you will want to cut the border of the paper off up to the cut guidelines. Then, you will cut straight down the center. Next, cut along the horizontal guidelines.
While the printable is available for free, here is the list of verses:
50+ Powerful Scriptures to Speak Over Children (broken into groups of 10 to make it easier to digest and come back to) – All of these verses are from the ESV translation.
- You are a Child of God – “But to all who did receive Him, who believe in His name, He gave the right to become children of God.” – John 1:12
- You have Peace with God – “Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” – Romans 5:1
- The Holy Spirit Lives in You – “You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact, the Spirit of God dwells in you.” – Romans 8:9a
- You Have Access to God’s Wisdom – “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given to him.” – James 1:5
- You are Helped by God – “Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” – Hebrews 4:16
- You are Reconciled to God – “More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.” – Romans 5:11
- You are Not Condemned – “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” – Romans 8:1
- You are Justified – “But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness…” – Romans 4:5
- You have Christ’s Righteousness. – “For our sake He made Him to be sin who knew no sin, that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.” – 2 Corinthians 5:21
- You are Christ’s Ambassador – “Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making His appeal through us…” – 2 Corinthians 5:20
More Scriptures to Speak Over Children so They Know Their Identity in Christ
- You are Completely Forgiven – “Then He adds, ‘I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.'” – Hebrews 10:17
- You are Tenderly Loved by God – “I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.”
- You are a Sweet Fragrance of Christ – “For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing…” – 2 Corinthians 2:15
- You are a Temple of God – “Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?” – 1 Corinthians 3:16
- You are Blameless – “He has now reconciled in His body of flesh by His death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before Him.” – Colossians 1:22
- You are the Salt of the Earth – “You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet.” – Matthew 5:13
- You are the Light of the World – “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.” – Matthew 5:14
- You are a Branch on Jesus’ Vine – “I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.” – John 15:5
- You are Christ’s Friend – “No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.” – John 15:15
- You are Chosen – “You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.” – John 15:16
Speaking Life Over Children
- You are an Heir – “…and if children, then heirs – heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with Him.” – Romans 8:17
- You are United to the Lord – “But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him.” – 1 Corinthians 6:17
- You are a Member of Christ’s Body – “Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.” – 1 Corinthians 12:27
- You are a Saint – “So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and are of God’s household…” – Ephesians 2:10
- You are Beloved – “Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience…” – Colossians 3:12
- You are a Child of the Light – “For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:5
- You are Holy – “Therefore, holy brothers, you who share in a heavenly calling, consider Jesus, the apostle and high priest of our confession, – Hebrews 3:1
- You are Sanctified – “But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as first fruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.” – 2 Thessalonians 2:13
- You are God’s People – “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.” – 1 Peter 2:9-10
- You are Rooted in Christ – “rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.” – Colossians 2:7
Helping Kids Find Their Identity in Christ
- You are Born of God – “We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.” – 1 John 5:18
- You have the Mind of Christ – “‘For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?’ But we have the mind of Christ.” – 1 Corinthians 2:16
- You Can Have Confidence – “This was according to the eternal purpose that he has realized in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in Him.” – Ephesians 3:11-12
- You Are Delivered – “He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son.” – Colossians 1:13
- You Have Been Made Full – “For in Him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in Him, who is the head of all rule and authority.” – Colossians 2:10
- You Need Not Fear – “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
- You Have God’s Promises – “By which He has granted to us His precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.” – 2 Peter 1:4
- Your Needs are Met by God – “And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:19
- You are Adopted – “He predestined us for adoption to Himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will.” – Ephesians 1:5
- You Have Direct Access to God – “For through Him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father.” – Ephesians 2:18
Powerful Scriptures to Speak Over Kids
- God is Working Things out for Your Good – “And we know that for those who love God, all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.” – Romans 8:28
- God is for You – “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” – Romans 8:31
- You Cannot be Separated from God’s Love – “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Romans 8:38 & 39
- You are Anointed – “He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.” – 2 Corinthians 1:21a-22
- You are a Citizen of Heaven – “But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ.” – Philippians 3:20
- You are a Witness – “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” – Acts 1:8
- You are God’s Co-Worker – “As God’s co-workers, we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain.” – 2 Corinthians 6:1
- You are Seated with Christ – “And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.” – Ephesians 2:6
- You are God’s Workmanship – “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” – Ephesians 2:10
- You Have God’s Strength – “I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13
- You Are Being Perfected – “And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” – Philippians 1:6
There you have it. It’s God’s story that we are privileged to be a part of. Because we were created by Him, we have a purpose, and our identity can be found in Him. With the choice to follow Jesus, we get to adopt so many great declarations over our lives. What a blessing.
I hope this free printable with 50+ powerful scriptures to speak over children adorns the doorposts of other homes throughout this world. Let’s continue to speak truth to our kids.