We love Mexican food around here and fajitas are definitely a favorite. In fact, whenever I ask my husband what he wants for dinner the coming week, he will always suggest tacos or fajitas. I’ve given you the best chicken fajita recipe here. I like that it is simple for a busy mom or dad to cook quickly, but it full of all the flavors from south of the border. I believe this recipe will quickly become a family favorite in your home too.
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil Divided
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, lightly pounded to an even thickness and cut into strips
- 1 package fajita seasoning
- 2 yellow onions halved and cut into half moons 1/4 inch thick
- 2 red bell peppers seeded and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 jalepeno chiles seeded and cut into thin rings
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- tortillas warmed
- Can serve with guacamole and/or sour cream
In a small bowl combine chicken strips and fajita seasoning.
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in pan.
Cook the chicken in pan until cooked through.
In a large frying pan, heat the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, bell peppers and jalapenos and cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent and very tender, about 15 minutes.
Add the minced garlic and oregano and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Combine the chicken and fajitas.
Can serve with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream.
This recipe I adapted from the William Sonoma Chicken cookbook. They did the chicken different, but my husband likes the flavor the the fajita seasoning.