Easter Bunny Craft with Q-Tips
Easter is just a few days away. I love Easter. What good news celebrating Jesus’ resurrection. All of Christianity hinges on the the proof of the resurrection. What good news that God proves faithful and sent his son to die on the cross so that we, a sinful bunch, can be reconciled back to a holy God. Easter, to me, is a celebration. Yes, we instill in our kids the true meaning of Easter and do intentional activities like my resurrection craft, resurrection rolls, tomb activity, Christmas tree turned Easter cross, mosaic cross, penny cross and cross fingerprint craft. That said, I do think there is room for some Easter bunny and egg decorating. I know some might disagree, and I respect that. You won’t be interested in this craft. For everyone else, here ya go – a little Easter bunny fun. This craft was inspired by a Q-Tip lamb craft I saw at Crafts for all Seasons.
~ paper plate
~ white glue
~ pink puff ball
~ large google eyes
1. Take scissors and cut a bunch of Q-Tips in half. You can buy Q-Tips at the Dollar Store to make this a very inexpensive craft. I mostly used Q-Tips cut in half, but as you reach the center, you’ll wanter shorter ones. In the very center, you will just want the tips. You can use regular scissors, but I found these heavy duty clippers easier to cut a bunch at a time.
2. Cut out the inner circle of a paper plate. I made this bunny the size of the inner circle, but you could cut it smaller if you want to make it go quicker. That might be a good solution if you are doing this with a bunch of kids. Keep the edge of the paper plate for the ears.
3. Add white glue around the edge of the paper plate and start adding Q-Tips around the circle, lining up the start of the tip of the Q-Tip with the outer edge of the trimmed paper plate.
4. After finishing the first layer, add another layer circling around like the last. My 3 year old, especially, enjoyed this part. I had to help just a little to make sure the Q-Tips were lining up OK. I was surprised at how well he was able to do though. We all worked together to create the one bunny.
5. Cut out bunny ears with the edge of the paper plate. Add white glue to the bottom and lay the paper plate down on the ears.
6. Add the puff ball nose, google eyes and ribbon with white glue.