Let it snow! I’m hoping for snow this year, but we haven’t seen much of it yet. My kids did manage one small snowman in our measly little snowfall. To make up for the lack of snow outside, we decided to do this fun egg carton snowman craft on the inside. We have enjoyed snowman crafts in the past as well, so you are looking for more ideas you might have fun trying my pointillism snowman or snowman marshmallow dispenser. If you are looking for food options, you might also enjoy my snowman cupcakes or simple snowman hot chocolate.
Materials Needed to Make Snowman Egg Carton Craft
- Egg Cartons (6 cups per snowman)
- Pipe Cleaner
- Google Eyes
- White and Black Craft Paint
Directions for Making the Snowman Egg Carton Craft
- Cut 6 egg carton cups down so that one edge is flat. For younger kids, parents will want to prep this part.
- Poke holes in the bottom of each egg carton. Thread your first egg carton on and make a “knot” on the end of the pipe cleaner to help it from slipping off. You don’t need to really knot it. It is easy to ball it up a bit.
- Thread two egg carton pieces together so that they form a kind of hallow ball.
- Kids can thread all 6 egg cartons on, alternating as shown. Create a “knot” on the top to hold it all in place. Cut off excess pipe cleaner or leave it long if you want to hang these from the Christmas tree. The excess pipe cleaner can become a way to hang them.
- Using black craft paint, paint the top egg carton cup black.
- Using white craft paint, paint the rest of the egg carton pieces white or cream.
- When dry, add a ribbon for the scarf and glue on google eyes and buttons if desire. Draw on a mouth with a Sharpie.
When you can’t enjoy snow outside, I hope you will find fun ways to bring the winter in. These adorable egg carton snowmen should give your kids a way to stay entertained when you are stuck in doors. This is a great craft for kids age preschool and older. I hope you are inspired enjoy crafting fun with your kids.