Ingredients Needed to Make French Fried Onions
- 2 onions
- 1 1/4 cup milk or buttermilk (remember it’s easy to make homemade buttermilk)
- 2 cups flour
- Salt to Taste
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
How to Make French Fried Onions
- Thinly slice onions. I use a mandelin.
- Soak the onions in the milk or buttermilk for 5 minutes. I did just a handful at a time.
- Heat oil to 360.
- Take the soaked onion rings and run them through the flour, using a fork or fingers to help coat them.
- Fry in oil until golden brown, stirring with tongs occasionally to get even browning.
- Remove from oil. Set on paper towel and season to taste.