It’s spider week at Meaningful Mama. Have you noticed? Our harvest party theme at school this year is spiders. We wanted to come up with some fun and healthy spider themed food ideas, and this was an idea one of the other moms had. I loved it, and I said I would create an image for our spider guts squeezable applesauce pouches. You can see how we have already embraced the spider theme with our spider eggs (grapes) and spider juice boxes.
With this theme we didn’t want to make things too creepy. However, this idea was just to fun to not embrace. I considered doing “squished spiders,” but “spider guts” seemed a lot more fun. As always, I wanted to provide a free printable to make life easier for you. To stay on top of the other printables that come available as well as more ideas and conversation about family life, please sign up for my weekly newsletter.
One thing our school has become very aware of concerned about is food prep standards and allergies. Therefore, we are no longer able to make any homemade items to bring to the class. This can be limiting and a bit sad, but it is also understandable. Therefore, these applesauce pouches are the perfect solution.
Materials Needed to Make Spider Guts Squeezable Applesauce Pouches
- Tree Top Squeezable Applesauce Pouches
- Free Spider Guts Printable
- Double Stick Tape
- Glue Dots
- Plastic Spider Rings
- Paper Cutter
How to Make Spider Guts Squeezable Applesauce Pouches
- Print out my printable and cut to size. There are two spider guts labels per page.
- Fold in half and cut out the center box. I made the box a little bigger on the back so there would be less reveal on the front.
- Slip the paper cover over the pouch.
- Add a piece of double stick tape to the bottom of both sides of the pouch and press the paper into place.
- Cut the ring part of the spider ring off.
- Attach a glue dot or two to the bottom of your spider.
- Adhere the spider to the top of the lid.
Enjoy your own spider adventures with the kids in your life.