Please welcome my guest and friend writer today: Hi there, I’m Stefanie from Simple Acres and I am thrilled to share a simple inspiration to spread love this season. Spreading Love with Homemade Valentines is how I plan to encourage my family to grow in kindness and love towards others.
Valentine’s Day will be here before we know it. This simple crafty inspiration is a great way to encourage character building through teaching our kids they are loved and how to love from that truth. Spreading Love with Homemade Valentines can be creative, simple and fun BUT also educational and edifying for our families. I’ll show you how!
What inspired me for this craft was not as much that Valentine’s Day is on it’s way, but that I have been feeling the urge to speak more love, truth and wisdom into the hearts of my children. There is so much toxicity in our world regarding what our children hear. I believe one of the most treasured gifts we have as parents is the ability to speak straight to the heart of our little ones. What molds our children’s hearts shapes the foundation of how they think and then behave. I’m excited to share this inspired Valentine DIY!
Materials Needed to Make Hearts for my Spreading Love with Homemade Valentines Activity
- Watercolor paper, watercolors and brush
- Black fine point permanent marker
- Hot glue gun
- Popsicle sticks
Directions to Make Hearts for my Spreading Love with Homemade Valentines Activity
- Free hand simple hearts of varied sizes.
- Paint with watercolors or allow your children to have fun and paint. Water colors are really easy to do, and they always turn out fabulous.
- Once dry write words on hearts such as “share” , “love” and “care” or even cute phrases such as “you make me burst with joy” (that can cue a fun treat such as an almond joy to share)
- Cut out hearts and hot glue to Popsicle sticks
5. You can then write scriptures that speak God’s love to your children on the sticks. For a list of scriptures to share click here.
There you have it friends, a simple way to spread love with homemade valentines. Oh I almost forgot…the spread love part (wink)! I have been giving my children a valentine each morning before their day, speaking the words of love into their hearts and minds. Then I’m encouraging them SPREAD LOVE by taking their valentine with them through their day and finding one special person to give it to each day. Involving our kids through the ACTION of love makes it all that much more real! This Valentine season I encourage us all (including myself) to not only speak words of kindness and love but find tangible ways to express this goodness. Dovidenia. XO
I would love you to join me at Simple Acres where we create beautiful things, inspire simple living and savor the good life! My up-cycled wall organizer for your home , simple homemade guacamole even your kids will love and tips for enjoying the present are just a few articles I hope to bless your life with! Dovidenia. XO