“May the luck of the Irish be with you,” is a famous Irish saying that goes perfect with my “Lucky You” St. Patrick’s Day DIY Scratch off Ticket for Kids. I’ve created a printable and directions so that you can easily replicate these scratch tickets for your own children. Further, a blank version of these scratch tickets will provided so you can make them with more appropriate “reward” for a spouse, friend or co-worker. The possibilities are endless. After creating my DIY scratch off hearts for Valentine’s Day I’ve been excited about the possibilities for making your own scratch off games. St. Patrick’s Day provided the perfect opportunity to play around with more ideas.
Not only did I provide some blank cards so you can come up with your own options, I also provided you with three separate cards each with three different special one-on-one time options for kids. As shown below, you can see the first card offers a library date, ice cream date, or dollar store trip. Kids will scratch off one clover to discover their date. The second card inspires game time, an opportunity to stay up late or an extra book at bedtime. The final card offers a dinner of child’s choice, a movie night or a visit to a park of choice.
If you want to make one for your spouse, it would be great to offer a massage, breakfast in bed or aromantic dinner. Of course there are sexier options that I definitely promote but don’t talk much about on my PG rated site. Just use your imagination.
Materials Needed to Make St. Patrick’s Day DIY Scratch off Ticket for Kids
Affiliate links provided for your convenience. Anything you purchase through these links helps to support Meaningful Mama and the free resources I provide. Thank you for choosing to support us.
- Free “Lucky You” Scratch of Ticket
- Gold Metallic Craft Paint
- Dishwashing Liquid
- White Stock Paper
- Small, Flat Paint Brush
- Clear Contact Paper
- Paper Cutter or Scissors
How to Make St. Patrick’s Day DIY Scratch off Ticket for Kids
- Print off the free St. Patrick’s Day DIY Scratch off Ticket for Kids and cut to size.
- Take the clear contact paper and trace the clovers on the printable.
- Cut out contact paper clovers.
- Remove paper backing and adhere the contact paper clovers directly on top of the clovers on each individual scratch-off card.
- For scratch-off surface, combine 1 Tbsp dishwashing liquid and 2 Tbsp silver metallic acrylic paint. Mix thoroughly. Paint a thin layer on top of the heart with a flat paintbrush. The first layer will look really light and not cover well. Don’t panic.
- Allow to dry for at least an hour and then paint a second coat with the same dishwasher soap/metallic paint mixture.
- Paint another coat of just the metallic paint (no dishwashing liquid added) using smooth brush strokes to avoid a streaky look. You may need one more coat after this, but make sure to let the first coat dry completely before adding another coat.
- Allow to dry completely before giving them to the kids. They will be able to scratch off the surface easily with a coin.
I hope you and your family have a lot of fun with these “lucky you” St. Patrick’s Day DIY Scratch off Ticket for Kids. I can’t wait to give them to my own children.