Is it selfish to want “me” time? I want to share with you the box that promotes self-care for moms while telling you my own story about how I became a better mom when I learned how to take care of myself more.
Parenting isn’t easy. It’s wonderful, and it’s beautiful. It’s refining as well – making us less selfish, more empathetic, while creating deeper sense and understanding about love. All that said, when I became I mom, I went through a re-birth of sorts where I felt like I was losing myself.
I remember the moment I called my mom mentor (mother of 11!!) in tears. If you haven’t found your mentor yet, please do. This mom listened and asked questions. She gave me some parenting tips, but she asked, “Jodi, what are you doing for yourself?” My answer was nothing. I am a mom now. I’m a wife. I serve others. Laundry, dishes, changing diapers, feeding kids, raising the next generation – that’s what I was doing. It was all good. This is what I always knew I was called to do. Why was I struggling?
She said, “Jodi, it is not selfish to need a little time to feed into what makes you tick.” She knew my spirit for creation. I’m sure she saw the twinkle in my eye dwindling and knew that, while still serving my family sacrificially, I needed to learn self-care.
The Box that Promotes Self-Care for Moms
For me, I began to create again. I painted a series of murals at my church. Further, Meaningful Mama was born during that time. I have a passion for parenting, and I wanted to do it well, but I also wanted to pursue and come alongside others. My blog became the inspiration for both, and I could do it from home.
Somethings else I never took the time to do was to do fun, girly things that made me feel like a woman – not a frumpy housewife. Oh – don’t get me wrong – I love my comfy mom uniform, but where was the time to paint my nails, do a facial, take a bath or exercise? It might only take 15 minutes, but that time can re-charge my battery.
I think we fear as a mom that if we do some of these things again – for us – that we are being selfish. We think, “This life is no longer about us. It’s about our family!” I can tell you that I became a better mom when I started feeding into myself again. When I fed my soul – through creativity, self care, entrepreneurship – I found that my bucket was more full. When my bucket is more full I have MORE to offer my family.
The box that promotes self-care for mom is the Fab Fit Fun box. This is a seasonal subscription box (that’s four times a year) that shows up at your door (free shipping) and is a reminder to take care of yourself a bit.
I received my first one, and it was so much fun. I love surprise packages, so to open it up an discover a box full of fabulous products is just exciting. This boxes values at over $200 but retails for $49.99! I get to offer a $10 discount code that you can enter when ordering. Just add the word MOMMA in your check out process.
This is not a box of dinky, little samples. These are high-quality, full-size fashion, beauty, fitness and lifestyle products, Ladies.
I did a Facebook live to introduce you to the Fab Fit Fun box, but here’s another peek into the spring box, and all it has to offer:
- Gypsy 05 Roundie – This is a massive, versatile throw that you can use as a beach or picnic blanket or even a tapestry or a table cloth.
- Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant – This product alone is worth more than what you pay for the box. I was in need of a new exfoliant. I have already used it, and am excited to continue to do so.
- Luv AJ Crawler Earring Set or Emerald Duv Cuff – Each customer will receive one or the other of these fabulous jewelry options.
- RealHer Lip Kit – This is a kit with liner, lipstick and gloss. I love what this stands for. It has words of affirmation to make you feel beautiful from the inside out.
- Milly Zip Pouch – You can use this as a travel makeup bag, or you can put your wet swimsuit in it. It’s huge and has a super sleek design!
- Briogeo Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray – This conditioner protects your hair from heat and UV rays, and it’s paraben-free and sulfate-free. It smells amazing too.
- Karuna Hydrating Face Mask – This is the perfect way to make your complexion look more refreshed and it comes with four face masks. It’s also paraben-free.
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish Set – I love the cute pastel colors of in this set. I received white and blue. My daughter and I had some spa time right after opening the box.
I hope you will take a look and sign-up for your spring box before they sell out. It’s a popular box this season.