I was recently looking in the refrigerator and decided to create these Cheesy Italian Chicken Rolls with what I had on hand. This is a very family-friendly chicken dish. It was easy to create, and the whole family loved them.
* This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.
When this meal was served and consumed, my husband said, “Did you really make up this recipe?” He then proclaimed that he thought it was his new favorite, which is a huge, huge compliment. Apparently, I hit a new level of home chef in his mind. He said, “I think you should make them again tomorrow night so we can get even better pictures for your blog.” That’s a winning dish in my mind. These chicken roll-ups have double the fun in the cheese department, using both Kraft mozzarella and Kraft finely shredded parmesan.
I want to let you know that you can save on Kraft cheese products with the Target “Weekly Wow” deal the week. Head on into Target to get some great savings. From 9/14-9/20 at Target you can buy 5 Kraft products for $10. What a great deal. While you are there you can pick up any other ingredients you might need.
Ingredients for Cheesy Italian Chicken Rolls
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 20 Basil Leaves
- 8 Tbsp Marinated Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 4 Pieces of Kraft String Cheese or 1 oz of Shredded Mozzarella
- 3 Tbsp Salted Butter
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 4 Tbsp Kraft Shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Written Instructions for Making Cheesy Italian Chicken Rolls
- Pound out your 4 chicken breast by putting them in a plastic bag and pounding thin with a meat mallet.
- Layer each breast with 5 basil leaves, 2 Tbsp of sun dried tomatoes, and one piece of string cheeses, cut in half. 1 ounce of shredded mozzarella can be substituted for the string cheese. This can be an estimation situation. It’s basically a layer of basil leaves, marinated sun dried tomatoes and cheese.
- Roll your chicken and secure the ends with a toothpick.
- Melt butter and garlic together. Roll each piece of chicken in the butter and set in pan. If any butter remains, drizzle it over the top of the chicken. Make sure your rolls aren’t squeezed in too close together or they will take longer to cook.
- Combine the parmesan, oregano, pepper and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle each of the chicken breasts with 1/4 or the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes in an oven that has been preheated to 375 or until internal temperature reaches 165.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.
Visual Instructions for Making Cheesy Italian Chicken Rolls
I hope this becomes a family favorite in your own home. I love the mozzarella and parmesan mixture. What is your favorite Kraft cheese product?
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
Visit your local Target to take advantage of the Weekly Wow promotion featuring Kraft Cheese products! From 9/14 through 9/20, buy any 5 Kraft Cheese products for $10.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.
These look amazing! Recently diagnosed with gestational diabetes and these would be perfect to add to my food rotation. Is there nutrition information for this recipe? Am I missing it on the page somewhere? Thanks.
Hello! I’m so sorry to hear about your diabetes. To answer your questions about nutritional information, I need to update this recipe with that. I do the basics. This is a recipe I created a long time ago, but I’m trying to add recipe cards to all my own posts. I will leave this tab open on my computer to remind myself to make sure this is the next recipe I update. I’ll do it soon, but I have a few other things on my to-do list before I can get to it. All the best!