* Affiliate links provided for your convenience. Anything you purchase through these links helps to support Meaningful Mama and the free resources I provide. Thank you for choosing to support us.
You get to experience, with my Cheesy Olive Tapenade Crostini, another one of my mom’s amazing recipes. We had it at the baby shower I co-hosted recently. I promised you the recipes from this event, so here’s the follow through.
Something else you will love about these crostini appetizers is that they are so easy to make. It is especially easy to assemble if you have a food chopper. You can also chop the olives in a food processor.
Ingredients Needed for Making Cheesy Olive Tapenade Crostini (makes 24)
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives or kalamata olives (I love using kalamata)
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives with pimento
- 2 medium cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley
Instructions for Making Cheesy Olive Tapenade Crostini
- Combine chopped green olives with pimento.
- In a separate bowl, combine minced garlic, grated parmesan cheese, butter, olive oil and grated Monterey Jack cheese.
- Combine the two mixtures together.
- Fold parsley into the mixture.
- Cut the baguette into slices.
- Add a spoonful of the above mixture to each slice of bread.
- Cook under broiler for just a couple minutes. It cooks really quickly so keep your eye on the oven.
This Cheesy Olive Tapenade mixture goes well on a crostini, but I also love it on naan bread or another layer on a hot sandwich.
I have my favorite go-to appetizers, and these Cheesy Olive Tapenade Crostini’s definitely makes the list. I believe it will be added to your go-to collection once you try it.
This post was revamped and republished in 2016. It was originally written in August of 2012. I’ve grown as a blogger and want my old posts to reflect the quality that I desire for Meaningful Mama.
More Great Appetizer Recipes