“For the Lord gives wisdom, and from His mouth comes knowledge and understanding.” – Proverbs 2:6
We were able to spend time with my parents the last couple of days. They live about an hour away, and we see them often. They are amazing grandparents with 10 grandchildren between me and my sisters. With the word “wisdom” this week it was a perfect time to be with them. I explained to the kids that people that are older often have more wisdom because they have more life experience. I said that when I have questions or need guidance, I call my parents. I explained that it is wise to listen to your parents and grandparents because we love you, want the best for you and know a bit more since we have lived longer. Today I had my parents share a little bit of wisdom with the kids. I opened it up to my parents at that point and let them tell the kids whatever they wanted. If you have grandparents in your lives that you trust, this is a way to honor them as well as really bless your children. Here’s the wisdom that was imparted:
* Be an individual and happy with who you were created to be. Don’t try and be like anyone else but be content in yourself.
* If you see another person doing trouble, don’t follow that person just to try and be their friend. Follow your heart and what you’ve been taught rather than following someone you know is doing wrong.
* Be a good listener. Try to be genuinely interested in other people and really care about what they are saying.
* Ask yourself, “What would Jesus do?”
* Be a good friend to others.
* Friends always tell the truth, so be someone who tells the truth.
* If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.
yes they are wise indeed! And, correction, they have 10 grandkids, not 8 (: I think
I don’t know who I was leaving out…ha. I just wanted to see if you all read my blog. Since I was corrected by everyone in the family, that would be a yes. Good to know. 🙂 Love ya! Just corrected it.