“Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on a table of your heart.” – Proverbs 3:3
(Younger kids can memorize the underlined portion)
1. strict or thorough in the performance of duty: a faithful worker.
2. true to one’s word, promises, vows, etc.
3. steady in allegiance or affection; loyal; constant: faithful friends.
4. reliable, trusted, or believed.
5. adhering or true to fact, a standard, or an original; accurate: a faithful account; a faithful copy.
Reason Chosen: Faithfulness is one of the fruits of the Spirit, so we know how valued it is by God. It was interesting. When I looked for scripture on faithfulness, the majority of them spoke of God’s perfect faithfulness to us. He is unchangeable in his nature and he is faithful in keeping all of His promises. He proved it as Jesus fulfilled over 300 Biblical prophecies that were written hundreds of years before he was born. Just read Isaiah 53 to see an amazing account of Jesus’ life written in the 7th century BC. God was faithful in fulfilling these prophecies. He has been faithful in accomplishing everything he promised since the beginning of time. Our desire is to reflect the Father, so to learn to be faithful to our word, reliable, loyal and consistent is a goal.