Do you want to give a fun photo gift for grandpa, grandma or another friend or family member? Today I’m going to show you how we made a DIY magnet photo puzzle for the refrigerator. I made these just for the kids to play with on our own refrigerator, and it has been a go-to activity for the kids in the kitchen. If they want to be close while I’m doing dishes or making dinner, they love doing their magnet photo puzzle. It is actually really easy and a fun way to take your family photos to the next level. If you love doing activities with photos of your kids, you also might enjoy these personalized magnet dolls, personalized game markers or personalized interchangeable blocks.
Materials Needed to Make DIY Magnet Photo Puzzle for Refrigerator
- Printable Magnet Paper (affiliate link provided for your convenience)
- A Photo on Your Computer You’d like to Print
- Jigsaw Puzzle Template
- Exacto Knife (optional)
- Cutting Board or Exacto knife cutting board to protect surfaces (optional)
Directions for Making a DIY Magnet Photo Puzzle for Refrigerator
1. Print out both your chosen photo onto magnet paper and the jigsaw puzzle template onto regular paper.
2. Trim off the edges of your photo.
3. Tape the jigsaw puzzle template onto the magnet photo sheet, adhering the tape to the back side (magnet side) of the photo.
4. Using an Exacto knife of scissors, cut our the puzzle pieces. I started with an Exacto knife, but I found the scissors much easier to work with in the end.
If you click through on the affiliate link, you will see that the photo paper is around 10 dollars. However, it comes in a pack of 5. Therefore, this project is very inexpensive and easy to make, at just $2 each. Whether you choose to do this project for your own family or as a gift, I think these DIY magnet photo puzzles for the refrigerator will be a lot of fun. Another option is to re-size them smaller and send them as your Christmas card this year.