This easy handprint turkey craft is both simple and sweet. If you are looking for a Thanksgiving craft for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarten kids, or even older, this is the kids’ Thanksgiving activity for you.
Want more Thanksgiving craft ideas for kids? Check out my Thanksgiving tab with oodles of ideas.
Easy Handprint Turkey Craft
Note: This post was originally written in 2012. It has been rewritten and reformatted to provide you with better content. It also contains new pictures and a new video tutorial.
Handprint crafts are the best. Who doesn’t want to capture the size of those sweet hands at different stages of life? It’s fun to look back at my own memories that my mom labeled with a date on the back to see the work I had done throughout my life.
Now, we get to seize that moment for our own kids.
It’s fun to do Thanksgiving crafts with kids. Expression through art is a beautiful way to capture the traditions and heart behind different holidays.
Materials Needed to Make this Handprint Turkey Craft
Note: Amazon affiliate links are provided for your convenience. Anything you buy through these links goes to support the free resources I provide here at Meaningful Mama. Thanks for your support.
- Acrylic Craft Paint – Kids can choose any colors they want, but we did ours in green, red, yellow, aqua, and purple.
- White Heavy Card Stock Paper
- Foam Brushes
- Paint Palette or Paper Plate
- Black and Red Sharpie
I call this an “easy handprint turkey craft,” and part of the simplicity is that it only requires a few materials. I use a paper plate for my paint palette fore easy clean up.
How to Make this Easy Handprint Turkey Craft for Thanksgiving
- Prepare your 5 paints. Put a 1-2 inch pile of paint on your palette or paper plate.
- Paint the child’s hand (or have them paint it) in the five sections as seen above.
- Press their hand down firmly in the center of your stock paper. I choose stock paper because it stays nicer rather than becoming all wavy when the paint dries.
- Using your black Sharpie, draw on the eyes and legs.
- With the red sharpie, draw on the beak and gizzard.
There you have it: a beautiful and easy handprint Turkey craft for Thanksgiving. Wouldn’t this be fun to frame and bring out every Thanksgiving? You could do one for each of your kids and label them with the date, their age and their name.
Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone.
Video Tutorial for this Handprint Turkey Craft
Want More Thanksgiving Craft Ideas for Kids?
Doily Turkey Craft for Kids