If you are looking for spider themed food ideas, you have come to the right place. This week I have given you the thought of making spider juice boxes, spider guts, spider eggs and now you get to see these easy mini spider donuts. All of these ideas are leading up to my daughter’s harvest party with a…you guessed it…spider theme. We are going to let the kids assemble their own donut spiders as an activity at the party.
Our school no longer allows homemade food items because they can’t assure food quality standards would be met and are concerned about allergies. We figured a way around this was to let the kids wash their hands at school and then make their own spider snack out of the donuts. They’re easy enough that first graders will be able to do them. I think they’ll enjoy it more this way anyway. It should be super fun.
I also want to add that we will do spider cupcakes. We’ll just be adding spider rings to the top of store bought cupcakes to stay with school standards. If your school can still do homemade food items or you are doing these for another purpose (Halloween party or homeschool spider unit) I do love these spider cupcakes (pictured above) from Five Heart Home.
Materials Needed to Make Easy Mini Spider Donuts
* Affiliate links provided for your convenience. Anything you purchase through these links helps to support Meaningful Mama and the free resources I provide. Thank you for choosing to support us.
- Mini Chocolate Donuts
- Pretzels – Pretzel Twists
- Candy Eyeballs
- Chocolate Decorators Frosting Tube
- Frosting Tip
- Chocolate Sprinkles
How to Make Easy Mini Spider Donuts
- Break Pretzels to a good spider leg length. This is the trickiest part and probably should be done by an adult. An alternative is to use straight pretzels that stick straight out.
- Stick 8 pretzels into the donut as the legs.
- Add edible eyes with a small dab of chocolate frosting.
- Add a little chocolate frosting to the top of the spider and sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles.
I hope you have a lot of fun making this adorable spider treat. The kids will love it!