Egg Carton Flower Prints are super easy to do and fun in a variety of formats. What does that mean? We made ours on a long roll of craft paper.
We were able to make an entire garden scene going along a larger format. These are fun to hang like a mural on a wall. However, these same techniques can be used to make an adorable card.
You could also do these on canvas or just on a piece of paper. When using paint on paper, I do like to use a heavier weight paper. These are a perfect craft for kids of all ages.
I could see this as a fun preschool or kindergarten flower craft project. Just roll out the paper on the floor or a long table and a bunch of kids can contribute to the painted garden. My kids really enjoyed this simple craft project. Using recycled materials for craft projects is always a bonus. It makes the craft less inexpensive and stimulates creativity as kids see how they can create with things they have just laying around the house.
Materials Needed to Make Egg Carton Flower Prints
- Paper (roll paper, heavier weight paper or canvas)
- Pom Poms (other materials are optional for the center too)
- Egg Carton
How to Make Egg Carton Flower Prints
- Cut egg carton into individual cups. You will want one cup per color.
- Squirt out piles of craft paint. You can always use a paper plate as a paint pallet. We actually used the lid of the egg carton.
- The kids will want to dip the bottom of the egg carton cups in a paint color and stamp them in a circle. We did all of the stamping in a row first. My 6, 5 and 3 year old were able to all participate easily.
- The next thing we did was use a foam brush to paint on our stems and leaves.
- The final step is to glue the pom poms or other chosen material in the center. If you don’t want the 3-D look, using a contrasting color of paint is always an option. You could also add google eyes and a marker mouth under to make these flowers come alive.
How cute & a great way to use something that is in everyone’s refrigerator! I love the little angel 🙂 Michelle
Thanks so much! I’m so glad you like them.