This post has been sponsored by Shamrock Farms but all our opinions and statements are our own. This post contains information about how to plan a special Dr. Seuss Day with your kids.
We enjoy family traditions in our home! One thing we LOVE to do is watch movies as a family on Friday nights! With the new Netflix, Green Eggs and Ham Original Series live now to watch we found ourselves inspired to create a day ALL around Dr. Seuss.
Fun themed days and traditions create memories that last a lifetime! Here is how YOU can plan a special Dr. Seuss day with your family.
Who is Dr. Seuss?
Dr. Seuss was actually a real life American writer and illustrator of popular children’s books. What we know most about him today are his beautifully illustrated books and now shows and movies that rhyme, have fun unique creatures and ALWAYS share a story with a deeper meaning.
A fun fact is that Dr. Seuss’ real name is Theodor Seuss Geisel. In lived from 1904-1991, selling over 600,000 million copies of his 60+ books.
Why we LOVE Dr. Seuss books, movies and more!
I always loved reading the books as a child and the nostalgia of sharing the books, stories and characters with my kids is SO special.
Dr. Seuss makes learning fun and teaches life lessons in a way that impacts ones heart and mind in meaningful ways!
When I heard that Netflix’s new, Ellen DeGeneres-produced Green Eggs and Ham Original Series was available to watch it inspired me to organize a day ALL about Dr. Seuss as a way to celebrate in all the reasons I mentioned above.
This new series is based on a beloved book by Dr. Seuss, that follows opposites “Guy” and “Sam” as they venture out on a road trip to save an endangered animal from a far off zoo. Along the way they learn to try new things like hope, friendship, and a certain delectable dish.
Here is 5 Ways to Plan a Special Dr. Seuss Day
- Enjoy a Green Eggs and Ham breakfast with your kids. This a great way to start your Dr. Seuss themed day! Add a touch of green food coloring to your eggs and viola you have the very delectable dish the show presents. If you want to be dye free and more healthy, you can puree spinach and add it to the eggs. Your kids will think it is really fun if you let them help in the cooking process!
- For a treat have a Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcake! These Dr. Seuss cupcakes are bright and fun and delicious! When eaten in moderation they fit into a healthy lifestyle. You always want to start out with a great recipe. I would encourage you to try my favorites: chocolate, white velvet or red velvet. Shamrock Farms milk is the PERFECT compliment while eating this treat. Especially because right now at Subway they are featuring the Dr. Seuss character on the bottle.
- Read your favorite Dr. Seuss books together as a family! The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, Fox in Socks just to name a few. Put on pajamas, have fire going and curl up with your kids. With kids at varied reading levels this is a great activity to do together, letting kids take turns reading. Because of the rhyming nature and familiarity of Dr. Seuss, they tend to be great books for beginning readers.
- Get Subway Fresh Fit for Kids® meals with a delicious Shamrock Farms milk featuring their favorite characters to enjoy as you get ready to have a family watch party to tune into the new series on Netflix. We found our Shamrock Farms milk in the beverage case by looking for the signature green top. The meals are delicious and include a sandwich, side and and bottle of Shamrock Farms milk. The milk, even chocolate milk, is nutrient-packed with 8g of protein and 9 essential nutrients in every serving, which means my kids are getting the nutrients they need to grow healthy. Milk is a better-for-you alternative to high-sugar beverages, with zero added sugar.
- Have a Green Eggs and Ham on Netflix watch party! Eat your delicious meal from Subway then snuggle up with the kids for a relaxing night filled with characters you know and love as they share a story about friendship, hope and a delectable dish! You can also plan a Green Eggs and Ham watch party with your friends.
I hope you have fun creating YOUR special Dr. Seuss Day for your friends and family! The books, new Netflix episode, fun recipe and delicious character inspired Shamrock Farms milk and Subway meal will delight your kids as they celebrate the much loved Dr. Seuss.