Laminated Dry Erase Funny Faces &
Fellowes Laminator Review and Giveaway
These laminated dry erase funny faces were the first project I did with my kids after I received my Fellowes Laminator. I was so excited when this package arrived at the door. I have never owned a laminator before, and I have always wanted one. This would have been a great machine for me to own to make my personalized game markers for kids or personalized Guess Who game. Please read my review and then visit the end of this post to enter into the giveaway.
* This is a sponsored post and may contain affiliate links for your convenience. All opinions are my own. Anything you purchase through these links helps to support Meaningful Mama and the free resources I provide. Thank you for choosing to support us.
Review of Fellowes Saturn2 95 Laminator
I have been extremely satisfied with my new Fellowes Saturn2 95 Laminator from Fellowes. It is very easy to use, and the finish of the laminated product is smooth, with no bubbles or wrinkles. This product receives 4 1/2 stars on Amazon, and it is clear to see why. The quality of the laminator is apparent in both its sleek appearance and easy of use. The finished product exits the machine clean and clear. I have never used a laminator outside of a school setting, and this couldn’t have been easier to use – even as a complete beginner. This particular laminator is perfect for “moderate use.” The one thing I would mention is that the laminator has a slight odor during use. I do not know if this will lessen over time or if it is typical of laminators. It did not bug me at all, but my husband, who is sensitive to smells, left the room.
Something I do want to make you aware of is the resources they have available on their site. The Fellowes Idea Center has great ideas for home, school and work. There are seasonal ideas, ideas for organization, flash cards, signage and much more. It’s fun to think about all the possibilities for lamination, and it is wonderful to have a resource like this to help for your own personal needs. I love flash cards for kids. As a former teacher and a mom who likes to work with my children at home, I am especially drawn to that concept and resource found at the Idea Center.
The Saturn2 95 laminator is perfect for the classroom or personal use and has these key features:
- HeatGuard™ Technology (unique to Fellowes): Double-walled insulation keeps heat inside so laminator is comfortable to touch, making it safe for homes with children and pets
- Advanced Temperature Control: Hot and cold laminating capabilities for high quality, smooth results ever time.
- Jam Release Lever – Permits easy removal or re-centering of stalled pouches.
- Laminates 3mil – 5mil thermal pouches and cold self-adhesive pouches
- Includes a laminating starter kit (ten letter pouches)
Fellowes also makes a laminator that is perfect for “personal/occasional” use. If this seems to fit your needs better, I encourage you to check out the Fellowes Laminator L80-95.
There are also Fellowes Hot Laminating Pouches, 100 Pack Fellowes hot laminator pouches available when you run out of your starter kit. The pack of 100 should last you for quite some time.
With my experience, I have no hesitation recommending this laminator. You can pick up your own laminator at Staples or Amazon. I am excited to be able to give one away to a lucky reader, so stick around at the end of the post for our giveaway sponsored by Fellowes.
Instructions for Making Laminated Dry Erase Funny Faces
Using the Fellowes laminator was super easy, so my directions for this project will be really simple. The creation of the project is done within a matter of minutes, but the kids will enjoy coloring their own faces over and over again.
- Print out 8 1/2 x 11 pictures of your children.
- Follow laminator instructions for turning on and warming up the machine. When your laminator is ready, simply slide one of the pictures into one of the laminator sleeves.
- Always insert your picture through the laminator seam side first. The laminator will spit out your image on the other side.
Once laminated, the kids can color different designs on their faces over and over again. They will have a blast adding jewelry, mustaches, beards, hats, glasses, make-up, hair highlights and more.
You will want to wipe off your funny faces right way as dry eraser marker left on a surface can stain the surface and be hard to remove. I had old pens, and at times our ink was not removing easily. I don’t know if this was due to the pens or the laminate surface. We initially used a paper towel. When the pen was stubborn in the removal process, we used a dish scraper (pictured above) or the rough side of a sponge. My concern with the rough side of the sponge is that I didn’t want it to change the surface texture. We were able, however, to do these over and over with no problem.
Fellowes Laminator Giveaway
It’s time for this great giveaway. The winner, chosen by Rafflecopter at random, will receive the Saturn2 95 Fellowes Laminator. This giveaway is available for United States residents age 18 and older. Meaningful Mama is not responsible for fulfillment of this giveaway. Fellowes will be shipping the prize to the winner. For more information, please visit my full disclosure policy.