Do you leave treats for Santa by the tree? Does he leave anything extra special for your kids. Sure, he leaves all the normal presents under the tree. However, how do you think your kids would respond to receiving a special, personalized note from Santa this year? I want to share with you our letters from Santa and Oreo cream cheese reindeer truffles we can leave by the tree for Santa and his crew. If you want another yummy and fun idea to leave for Santa and friends, please visit my idea for creating Nutter Butter Christmas treats.
First, let me tell you about the very special letter from Santa. These personalized letters are available through Albertsons – Letters from Santa. You simply head to the site, fill out some quick information about who the letter is for and then print out the personalized letter for your child as well as an envelope that makes it look like the letter really came from the North Pole. You’ll also be provided with a complimentary Red Box offer at that time, so your family can go pick out one of your favorite Christmas movies (or another movie of your choice). Your kids will love receiving such a special letter from the man up north. My favorite part is that after my daughter received her letter, on her own initiative she decided to leave a note back to Santa:
While there, you will also have access to some great coupons like:
- $1.00 off any (2) 8 pack 7.5oz cans or 8 pack 12oz bottles of any Coca-Cola product
- $1.00 off any (1) 6 pack 8oz Glass Bottles of any Coca-Cola product
- Save $1.00 when you buy any (2) OREO cookies (14.3oz or larger)
- Save $1.00 when you buy any (2) RITZ Crackers or Toasted Chips (8.1oz or larger)
What stood out to me was coupon for the Oreo cookies coupon because this year I wanted to leave special treats to honor the reindeer and Mrs. Claus as well. Did you know that while Santa’s weakness is cookies, Mrs. Claus has a weakness for chocolate…especially truffles. Lucky Mrs. Claus! I have a great and popular recipe for Oreo Cream Cheese Truffles that only use 3 ingredients. They are super simple to make and amazing to eat. I adapted the idea to make it North Pole friend friendly. Turning them in to reindeer make them the perfect Christmas treat for chocolate lovers.
How to Make Oreo Cream Cheese Reindeer Truffles
These truffles will be so popular with not only Mrs. Claus and the reindeer but anyone else you choose to make them for this Christmas. We had made a bunch, so there were enough to share with the teachers at my daughters’ school, and the teachers really loved them. If you haven’t tried this recipe, it is a must try. Making them into reindeer only takes a few added additions, and your kids can help with most steps of the process.
- Get your supplies: Oreos, Cream Cheese, Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Pretzels, mini M & M’s, and candy eyeballs. Albertsons has everything you would need to make these. Don’t forget your coupons!
- Make the Oreo Cream Cheese Truffle Recipe. We made the Oreo and cream cheese balls first and then dipped and decorated one at a time.
- Cut the pretzels as shown above.
- Kids can help add the face decorations. I did the pretzel antlers while the kids helped pick out the eyes and add the mini M&M noses.
- Refrigerate until chocolate solidifies around the balls.
Can you see how simple it is to make these adorable and delicious Christmas treats?
Mrs. Claus and the reindeers will be so excited that you didn’t neglect them this Christmas season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons. The opinions and text are all mine.