When I think of fall, pumpkins are one of the first things that come to mind. These pumpkin activities for kids will equip you with ideas that are both fun and educational. I love to incorporate seasonal activities when exploring life with my kids. This round-up is made up of my features for this week’s edition of Mom’s Library, my weekly link party.
What is Mom’s Library? Mom’s Library is a weekly link party that begins at 7:00 PM MST. A link party is where bloggers can link up their fabulous content. This gives bloggers the opportunity to get their posts seen by a wider audience, but it also becomes a great place for readers to come and find resources for raising, educating and caring for kids. What is linked up? Anything that relates to being a mom – crafts, activities, learning opportunities, parenting tips, recipes, party ideas and more. When bloggers link up here, their posts show up on these great sites: True Aim Education, Crystal’s Tiny Treasures, iGame Mom, Life with Moore Babies, Inspired by Familia, More Fun Mom, Pounds for Pennies and Home is Where they Send Us. We also often have a giveaway that we get to offer up to our readers.
Giveaway for Handmade Baby Moccasins and Bib Set
Courtney, owner of the Etsy shop The Striped Arrow, doesn’t think you should spend an arm and a leg to keep your babe in style. Her stylish handmade moccs are perfect for the non walking and those learning to walk. She’s also throwing in a matching bib to keep your babe clean from all messy meals. These baby moccasins are adorable and would be great for your own baby or as a gift. Good luck in these weeks giveaway. Winners must be 18+ and live in the United States.
Pumpkin Activities for Kids – My Features
Thank you for all those who are linking up here. I love to be able to feature your hard work and great posts. This week I was inspired by all the pumpkin activities linked up. While most of them are educational, some of them are just great ideas. If you have been featured here, I’d love for you to grab my button and add it onto the post, in your sidebar or on your featured page.
1. Pumpkin Oobleck Science Sensory Play by Little Bins for Little Hands – This looks like a whole mess of fun and a real hands-on experience.
2. Pumpkin Numbers Memory Game – Head over to Stella 123 for a great pumpkin memory game. It’s a free printable!
3. Fun and Educational Things to Do with Mini Pumpkins by Spark and Pook – If you have littles, there are quite a few learning and fun experiences dealing with mini pumpkins. It’s a great resource.
4. Spider Pumpkin Candle Holder by Born Again Farm Girl – This is a really cute decorating idea. I could see these lining a front walkway or as decor for a table.
5. Preschool Math: Measuring Pumpkins by Mom Inspired Life – This post is titled “measuring pumpkins,” but it’s really so much more. There are a number of math experiences working with pumpkins, so I encourage you to go check it out.
6. Preschool Pumpkin and Halloween Ideas by Stella 123 – This post is chalked full of ideas for preschoolers. You’ll have to go and explore a bit through all the options. It’s helpful to find a bunch of pumpkin ideas for preschoolers all in one place.
7. 10+ Ways to Learn with Pumpkins by Planet Smarty – This is another site that has found a bunch of learning activities for kids. It’s great to see the variety of educational experiences available.
Mom’s Library Link Party
Now it’s time for you to link up your own great content or explore what is being linked up. When you link up, you give us permission to use one of your photos with a link back to your content. We always love seeing your great ideas and have fun featuring your work. I will be adding all of the posts I feature to my Pinterest boards. Time for this weeks’ party. Now is the opportunity for you to link up your fun blog posts that can be a resource for moms. I would love for you to please follow Meaningful Mama on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+ and/or Instagram. Don’t forget to mingle.