The theme for my daughter’s winter party at school is snowman, so you probably have noticed a lot of snowman ideas on here lately. I came up with these snowman paper plate masks for a simple and inexpensive craft idea that can easily be done at a classroom party. The beauty is in the simplicity. Here are more snowman ideas for you if snowman is a theme you are embracing this year: Snowman Snowflake Craft, Egg Carton Snowman, Pointillism Snowman, Snowman Cupcakes, Snowman Hot Chocolate, Snowman Marshmallow Dispenser, and Sponge Stamped Snowman Craft.
Materials Need to Make Snowman Paper Plate Masks
* Affiliate links provided for your convenience. Anything you purchase through these links helps to support Meaningful Mama and the free resources I provide. Thank you for choosing to support us.
How to Make Snowman Paper Plate Masks
- Cut out the center circle of the paper plate.
- Hot glue a craft stick to the bottom of the paper plate. I did these first two steps as preparation for the craft.
- Print and cut out the snowman hat template and trace hat onto black card stock paper. Cut the hat out of the paper. Kids can either trace and cut the template and hat or you can prepare this ahead of time depending on age. You can use a variety of colors of card stock too. You don’t need to go with traditional black hats.
- Have kids decorate the hats. We used simple red strips of paper and snowflake stickers to decorate. Other options include Christmas ribbon, glitter or glitter glue.
- Once the hats are decorated, affix the hat to the top of the paper plate using white glue or hot glue. Kids should not handle hot glue.
The kids will love showing off their faces in these adorable snowman paper plate masks. Make sure to get your camera out to snap some pictures of your little Frosty.