Teaching kids to have self control is one of the most important character traits we can teach. I have put together a character development series for you, and want to give you many resources for working on attributes that we want to establish in our kids.
If you are new to my character development series, I welcome you. Let me tell you a little bit more about these lessons. If you check out my character development tab, you will discover 52 character traits we work on throughout the year, which equals one word per week to focus on with your kids. Hovering over the tab will reveal all of the words. Each character trait has 7-9 lessons, so if you wanted to work on character daily, this can be an amazing resource. This year, I want to focus on cleaning up my series by presenting the lessons to you be compiling all of my lessons on a particular week, this week focusing on self control. In this series, you will find a word, definition, scripture to memorize, book lists and a number of activities and crafts related to the topic. I have also included links to other bloggers who have lessons on the trait. I hope you are inspired to work on character with your kids because being intentional in your parenting will help give great direction to both you and your children.
Lessons, Stories, Activities, Books and Object Lessons that Teach Self Control
- Self Control Word Ring with Definition and Scripture by Meaningful Mama
- Self Control “I Will Statements” by Meaningful Mama
- Games that Teach kids Self Control by Meaningful Mama
- How Building a Wall Teaches Self Control by Meaningful Mama
- Teaching Self Control Through Role Playing by Meaningful Mama
- Helping Kids Learn Self Control When Faced with Temptation by Meaningful Mama
- Board Games that Teach Self Control by Meaningful Mama
- Self Control and the Mischel Science Experiment by Meaningful Mama
- Books that Teach Self Control by Meaningful Mama
- Lessons on Self Control by Kids of Integrity
- Self Control Object Lessons by Cross Point Modesto
- Preschool Fruits of the Spirit Lesson by Bible Kids Fun Zone
- Biblical Boyhood Lessons on Self Control: Lesson 1 and Lesson 2 by Frugal Fun for Boys
- Self Control Bubbles by Teachers Pay Teachers
- Baking Soda Object Lesson by Ministry to Children
- Self Control with Kinder and 1st (Stop-Think-Act) by Ms. Sepp’s Counselor Corner
- Bubble Gum Object Lesson by Ministry to Children
I hope you realize the importance of raising up kids with character. The resources provided here meant to inspire and equip. Whether you are working with your own kids at home or other kids in a school or church setting, I thank you for taking the extra effort to teach kids about learning to have self control.