- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, lightly pounded to an even thickness and cut into strips
- 1 package fajita seasoning
- 2 yellow onions, halved and cut into half moons 1/4 inch thick
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 jalepeno chiles, seeded and cut into thin rings
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- tortillas, warmed
- Can serve with guacamole and/or sour cream
- In a small bowl combine chicken strips and fajita seasoning.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in pan.
- Cook the chicken in pan until cooked through.
- In a large frying pan, heat the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, bell peppers and jalapenos and cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent and very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and oregano and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Combine the chicken and fajitas.
- Can serve with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream.
This recipe I adapted from the William Sonoma Chicken cookbook. They did the chicken different, but my husband likes the flavor the the fajita seasoning.