I have been hugely inspired by all of the fun candy corn treats and ideas I’ve seen on Pinterest lately. I came up with this candy corn man craft for my daughter’s harvest party. I know others are searching for harvest party craft ideas, so I hope this really helps you in your pursuits. It’s pretty easy to prep and fun for kids of all ages to put together. If you are looking for more harvest party craft ideas I hope you check out my harvest ideas from this past year or our party from the year before.
Materials Needed to Make the Candy Corn Man Craft
White Paper (one sheet per child)
Orange Paper (one sheet per child)
Yellow Paper (one sheet per child)
Large Google Eyes
Sharpie, Pen or Crayon
Glue Stick and/or White Glue or Glue Dots (affiliate link added for your convenience) – Glue dots are more expensive and might not be feasible for your group. I like them because there is no drying time and are easy and to use with no mess.
Instructions for Making the Candy Corn Man Craft
*Note it is good to do all of the prepping prior to doing the craft with kids. Older kids can probably do many of these steps by themselves. For ease, littler kids can just glue pieces together, add a smile and add eyes.
- Print out my free candy corn shape printable. Trace the large outside edge of the candy corn onto a white sheet of paper. I would use construction paper or card stock. Cut out the candy corn shape your traced. If you are prepping multiple candy corn men, stack as many pieces of paper as is feasible to cut.
- Next, cut the printable into the three sections. The top section will be discarded. Trace the middle section on the orange paper and the bottom section on the yellow paper. Again, stack multiple pages for cutting if prepping for large groups.
- Kids will glue their candy corn man together. The white section will be the base. Glue on the yellow section and then the orange. I like glue sticks for this part of the project.
- Kids can then use white glue or glue dots to add google eyes. They can then draw on a mouth with a marker or crayon.
- Cut out the template for the legs and arms. This is basically an 8.5″ strip of colored paper – 2 orange and 2 yellow. Have these strips prepped ahead for smaller children. Teach the children to accordion fold the four strips of paper. Glue these on with white glue or glue dots.
- Cut out four white circles for the hands and feet. Glue these circles to the end of your folded strips.
I hope your kids enjoy making this candy corn man. It’s a whimsical craft to celebrate this autumn season and is a great option for kids to do in the classroom.
This looks like so much fun! My kids are going to love this! Thanks so much for sharing it.
I’m so glad you are going to do this with your kids. I love hearing these kind of reports. Have fun and things for commenting!
Hello cute lady! This looks so cute. Pinned. We couldn’t think of anyone better to party with. We hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls
so nice Candy Corn Man Craft
Thank you so much. 🙂