These easy and adorable Christmas tree pancakes are a special holiday breakfast that all children enjoy. Putting out all of the toppings and letting kids decorate their Christmas trees however they want is part of the fun.
This idea was just introduced to me by my best friend. I’m used to making our Christmas tree pancakes like this. It’s the only way I have seen in done.
My daughter spent the night at their house, and my friend sent me a picture of their breakfast shenanigans. I fell in love with the idea. She said it’s been a family tradition for years. It’s part of their activity advent calendar. Love it!
Easy and Adorable Christmas Tree Pancakes
As promised in the title, these pancakes are easy to make. Just a few adaptions to a traditional pancake, and you are good to go.
All you need to create these tasty and unique Christmas breakfast treats are pancakes, food coloring, sausage and a variety of fun toppings.
How to Make Christmas Tree Pancakes
Amazon affiliate links are provided for your convenience. Anything you purchase through these links help to provide the free resources I provide at Meaningful Mama. Thank you for your support.
- Make your pancakes. My favorite, fluffy pancakes are a popular favorite among readers and friends. You could also just use a traditional pre-made buttermilk mix to keep it really simple, but you aren’t going to beat the flavors of homemade.
- Add green food coloring to your pancake mix. Here are some natural food dye alternatives if you are trying to avoid artificial colors.
- Cook pancakes as normal.
- Cook sausages for the tree trunk.
- Once removed from skillet, cut pancakes into fourths.
- Stack three 1/4 pieces on top of one another. Add a sausage at the base.
- Make a topping bar that might include whipping cream, Christmas M&M’s, fresh berries, and Christmas sprinkles.
- Let kids decorate as they see fit.
If you are like me, your mama heart both cringes and loves this idea. Why cringy? The amount of sugar. However, the kid in me delights in the fun and whimsy.
Here’s my justification: This doesn’t happen all the time. Everything in moderation. Creating memories is worth a morning of sugar, and such sweet memories they are.
So, if you – like me – let your inner child win, I hope you enjoy making these easy and adorable Christmas tree pancakes with your kids.
Merry Christmas and happy Christmas breakfast fun.