Want to create an easy DIY modern fall wreath? I’ve got you covered. I do love to decorate my home for different occasions, but it has only been recently that I have been inspired to decorate for fall. Part of my problem is that typical fall decor doesn’t match my design aesthetic. I tend to have a more modern and contemporary style, which is reflected in this easy DIY modern fall wreath design. If you like this idea, you might also love my contemporary autumn centerpieces I made last year.
* Affiliate links provided for your convenience. Anything you purchase through these links helps to support Meaningful Mama and the free resources I provide. Thank you for choosing to support us.
Materials Needed to Make an Easy DIY Modern Fall Wreath
- Grapevine Wreath – I found mine at my local Hobby Lobby using my 40% off coupon. I looked on Amazon and couldn’t find the exact one, but I did fine this one and this one that could work.
- Faux Billy Balls – The ones I have linked to are dried, but I found faux ones at Hobby Lobby (I couldn’t find the exact ones I found in the store).
- Burlap Ribbon – The black & burlap version I found at…you guessed it…Hobby Lobby. I couldn’t find the equivalent on Amazon, but if you like bringing in the black, I found this version. You could also get a burlap ribbon with white or a plain burlap ribbon.
- Fishing Line
- Furniture Pads
- Package Cutter
- Twigs – I just found some in my yard.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making an Easy DIY Modern Fall Wreath
- Using strong cutters, clip your billy balls to a more manageable size.
- Weave the end of the billy ball stem into your wreath.
- Using fishing line, tie your billy ball in place on the wreath toward the top of the branch. Trim the fishing line and twist the knot behind the wreath to conceal the line.
- Continue this process with other branches until you have the look you desire.
- Collect twigs and stick them randomly throughout the billy bowl flowers.
- Take the burlap ribbon and wrap it a few times around the wreath and on top of the branches of the billy balls. Tie it off with a bow.
- Take the furniture pads and attach them around the circle on the back of the wreath so that you protect the paint on your door.
- I used a glass Command Strip hook to hang to the window on my door.
Are you ready and inspired to make your own Easy DIY Modern Fall Wreath to update your fall decor?It really only took about 20 minutes to make this. Now I have something that makes me happy as I approach the front door this autumn.