As you celebrate the Fourth of July and teach your kids about the beauty of our nation, I hope you find this free Fourth of July handprint printable set helpful. So many kids love the sensory and tactile input when painting their hands. Moms, dads, and grandparents love that it captures the size of their hands at different ages.
This is a fun Independence Day activity that children will enjoy. If you are looking for other Fourth of July ideas, check out my American flag collage craft or have fun celebrating with these great food and party ideas.
Free Fourth of July Handprint Printable
There are 7 different free handprint printables available. Here are the options:
- Happy Independence Day Flag Printable
- Sweet Land of Liberty with the Statue of Liberty
- Bold Stripes, Bright Stars, Brave Hearts with a Flag in the Outline of the United States with a Handptin Eagle
- Fourth of July Eagle
- I Love America with Hands as the Heart
- Made in America with a Handprint Palm Tree
- Let Freedom Ring with Two Handprint Guys with Fourth of July Hats On
It is fun to offer a variety of options because different kids are drawn to different images. These could be done at home, in a classroom setting, or in a daycare setting. Children can pick out the ones that interest them, or maybe they choose to do each one.
Parents, grandparents and veterans would love receiving these as a card or gift.
A friend of mine has a spouse who is deployed, and she recently downloaded my free Father’s Day handprint printables. She said the handprint art was the perfect gift to send to her husband. I imagine these American themed printables are an even better fit for the familues in service to our country.
Download Your Free Fourth of July Handprint Printable
>>>> Download Your Fourth of July Handprint Printables Here <<<<<<
Other Materials Needed for this Independence Day Craft for Kids
The links following those are Amazon affiliate links. Anything you purchase through these links helps support the free resources at Meaningful Mama and the work I do. Thank you for your support.
- Free Fourth of July Printable (see above)
- Red, White and Blue Acrylic Craft Paints
- Sponge Brushes
- White Card Stock – These handprint printables can be printed onto normal computer paper, but those tend to wrinkle under the paint. If you are wanting a more substantial card or gift, you will want to use a white card stock paper.
- Small White Star Stickers
- Yellow Acrylic Craft Paint
- Brown Acrylic Craft Paint
Apple Barrel Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Acrylic Paint Bundle (2 Ounces Each)Artlicious Foam Brush Set – Pack of 25 Disposable, 1-inch Sponge Paint Brushes for Acrylic Painting, Staining, Varnishes & DIY Craft Projects – Art SuppliesPrintworks White Cardstock, Standard, 67 lb. Vellum, 92 Bright, 250 sheets, 8.5 x 11, For Office, Home & School Printing, Craft Projects (00564)White Star Shape Stickers 0.50 Inch 1,000 Adhesive Labels
Tips for Completing the Fourth of July Handprint Craft
I wanted to provide some tips to yield the best results.
You want to work fast as acrylic paint dries fairly quickly on hands.
For the stars on the flag, I would purchase the small stars I linked to on Amazon and just put them on top of the blue color. If desired, the blue handprint on the “I Love (Heart) America” design could have the same technique.
When painting the white stripes, I would paint the white stripes first and then the red.
All of the other printables should be self-explanetory. Here is a guide to help you see exactly where their sweet handprints should go.
Children would have a lot of fun coloring the printable as well, so I would encourage their creativity.
Want More Fourth of July Ideas?
Do-a-Dot Paints American Flag Craft