This LEGO Ninjago coffee filter craft is a wonderful and easy craft for the Ninjago LEGO lover in your life.
Our trip to Legoland (honest mom review included) only solidified my son’s love of Ninjago. He also does enjoy our crafty lifestyle. He especially enjoys it when I cater our activities to his interests. Thus the birth of the Ninjago coffee filter craft.
LEGO Ninjago Coffee Filter Craft
This craft could be done in your home just to pass some time in the day with a creative activity. It also might be fun to do at a LEGO Ninjago birthday party. If you are hosting one, you’ll definitely want to see my Golden Ninja Ninjago cake for inspiration.
What age is this Ninjago coffee filter craft appropriate for? I believe kids age toddler until 10 would enjoy this craft. We have done the following coffee filter crafts in the past: hearts, Noah’s Ark and butterflies.
Because most of the craft is scribbling, most kids can participate. Younger kids might need help with the cutting and gluing.
Materials Needed for LEGO Ninjago Coffee Filter Craft
- Coffee filters
- Crayola Markers (others can be used, but these bleed well)
- Glue Stick
- Yellow Stock Paper or Yellow Construction Paper
- Free Ninjago Eye Printable
- Free Eye Outline Template
- Spray Bottle with Water
Melitta 600 Coffee Filters, Basket, Pack of 600, 8-12 Cups, WhiteElmer’s All Purpose Glue Sticks, 0.77 Ounce, 3 CountTolco Empty Spray Bottle 8 oz. Frosted Assorted Colors (Pack of 3)Crayola Ultra Clean Washable Broad Line Markers, 40 Classic Colors, Gift for KidsYellow Cardstock – 8.5 x 11 inch – 65Lb Cover – 50 Sheets
Instructions for Making LEGO Ninjago Coffee Filter Craft
- Download the free Ninjago eye printable onto yellow paper.
- Download the free Ninjago eye outline template and print it onto heavy stock paper to create a sturdy template.
- Fold coffee filter in half.
- Trace the eye template onto the folded edge of the coffee filter as shown in the pictures below.
- Cut out the eye hole from the coffee filter.
- Scribble a Ninja color on the coffee filter. Scribbling creates more of a tie-dye look, which I like.
- Lightly mist the coffee filter with water. The less you spray the more tie-dyed it will look. Some kids might want the color to come together more. Do this by using more spray.
- Allow to dry.
- Once dry, carefully glue the coffee filter on top of the yellow paper with the eyes on it. Center the eyes in the middle of your eye hole.
- Optional: Cut yellow paper to square.
Visual Instructions for Creating LEGO Ninjago Coffee Filter Craft
Hoping you and your Ninjago fan have a blast doing this simple craft together. These times of focused activity speak volumes to your children as you invest in their interests and talents.