Here’s a great Valentine’s Day Fox Craft for Kids with a Free Printable. My goal is to equip you to interact with your kids but make it easy to execute.
Made almost entirely of hearts, this craft is a great activity for any Valentine’s Day celebration.
Valentine’s Day Fox Craft for Kids with a Free Printable
This Valentine’s Day kid craft can be created with two different outcomes.
One option results in a simple paper craft that can be done with kids of all ages. They only need the scissor skills to complete the design. Therefore, I would say this craft is aimed at kindergarten and older.
The second option is to turn this cute fox craft into a mask. With a couple different adjustments to the process, kids will be able to wear their fox creations.
Materials Needed to Create Valentine’s Day Fox Craft for Kids with a Free Printable
- Free Heart Printable
- Glue Sticks
- Bakers Twine (for mask)
- Hole Punch (for mask)
- 1″ Large Craft Eyes (for craft only)
- White, Black, Red, Pink and Purple Stock Paper
How to Make the Valentine’s Day Fox Craft for Kids with a Free Printable – Mask Directions
- Print out the free heart printable onto a variety of desired Valentine’s Day colored paper. Each child will only need one printable (2 pages) but should have at least two contrasting paper colors.
- Cut out the hearts.
- For the black nose, you will need to use the original nose heart as a template traced or set on top of black paper and cut out.
- Cut the face patch heart in half.
- Glue pieces in place as shown.
- Cut out eye holes. I traced a 1 one inch circle and cut the holes out with an Exacto knife. You can also use scissors, but the hole might end up a little more rough looking. I would not advise giving a child an Exacto knife. Kids will most likely need help with this portion of the craft.
- Punch holes on sides of mask.
- Cut two pieces of string and tie through the holes on the side.
How to Make the Valentine’s Day Fox Craft for Kids with a Free Printable – Craft Directions
For the craft, follow steps 1-5. Rather than proceeding with eye holes, simply glue the craft eyes in place. These can be attached to an 8.5 x 11 inch paper or can just be enjoyed as is.
This can also be used as a great Valentine’s Day card. Kids would just need to write a message on the back of the fox.
If you are looking for a foxy Valentine’s Day craft for kids, you have found it.
With both the mask or the craft option, you have everything you need to make Valentine’s Day time memorable, adorable and fun.
Sometimes it is hard to find the time or make the effort to do crafts with your kids. Some people are also just more bent in that direction.
I wanted to make this Valentine’s Day craft for kids easy for both crafty and non-crafty moms.
While I think there are benefits to doing this kind of activity with kids in your home, I also want to encourage you to embrace the parts that make you a great mom.
If you are the outdoorsy mom, go on a hike with your kiddos.
Do I have any chef moms in the house? Get cooking.
Are there any mommas who love doing girly things like shopping and pedicures? Bond with your child in that way.
Whatever makes you tick, do more of it with your children. I’m not here to promote you being more like other crafty moms. I want you to be the best you.
Kids can get craft exposure like this in school too. Maybe share this idea with teachers or room moms who can take care of the craft for you.
This is a fabulous activity for a classroom Valentine’s Day party. Enjoy!