If you are like me, life can get busy. However, I place high value on having quality meals with my family. These slow cooker BBQ pulled pork sliders with a side of Ore-Ida@ fries make you feel like you are eating at a restaurant with a fraction of the cost, all of the flavor and very little work.
* This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ore-Ida. The opinions and text are all mine.
I love food, and I never want a busy mom and kid life to get in the way of great tasting meals. These sliders with slow cooker pulled pork, homemade coleslaw and Ore-Ida® steak fries delight the pallet of both the adults and the kids in our house. I serve these with a side of veggies and Ranch to complete the meal. The theme of this meal is EASY. I do have my own coleslaw recipe I’ve added, but if you want this recipe even simpler just buy a store bought version.
I need to say something about the french fries too. Do you know how many times I have tried to make homemade fries? It has always been a fail…always. I have given up. I really haven’t served fries lately. This is my first time trying Ore-Ida® fries, and I am really impressed. The theme of this meal is easy, and they are definitely that. However, they are tasty too. Both the adults and kids enjoyed them. They are also made from ingredients and have a quality that I can feel good about. They are made from 100% fresh American grown potatoes with few other ingredients. This is definitely my go-to french fry now. I can’t mess them up like the homemade fries I have attempted in the past.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders with a Side of Ore-Ida® Fries
Bag of Hawaiian Rolls
3-4 lb boneless pork shoulder
1 16 oz bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (or a great recipe like this one)
Coleslaw – * See Recipe Below
One Package of Ore-Ida Steak Fries
1/4-1/2 Tbsp. Lowry’s Seasoning Salt
- Cover bottom of slow cooker with water. Season pork shoulder with salt and pepper and add to slow cooker.
- Add the cover to your slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- 30 minutes prior to serving, open slow cooker and discard the liquid from the bottom. Shred the pork using two forks.
- Add your BBQ sauce to the slow cooker and stir well.
- Add the cover to your slow cooker and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- The Ore-Ida® steak fries take approximately 30 minutes, so this is a good time to stick them in your oven pre-heated to 450 degrees.
- Prior to serving, add butter to the Hawaiian rolls and lightly toast.
- When stacking the sandwich, add a scoop of BBQ shredded pork and a scoop of coleslaw.
- After removing your Ore-Ida® steak fries from the oven, gently toss with 1/4-1/2 Tbsp Lowry’s seasoning salt. Serve with a side of ketchup or my not-so-secret sauce.
Coleslaw Dressing Recipe
3/4 cup Mayonnaise
1/8 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp honey
1/8 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
Combine all ingredients and chill until ready to mix with a pre-packaged coleslaw mix. This dressing will cover an entire bag of coleslaw (14 oz) with a bit left over.
I think your family is going to love this meal, and I think you will love the ease of making it. I really did feel like I had ordered a food at a restaurant based on taste and presentation. I recently made these pulled-pork sliders for a big party too. I borrowed another crock-pot to be able to make up a huge batch. This is super easy to make for big groups, and people love them.
How do your ensure your family gets a balanced meal?
Ore-Ida® uses only 100% fresh, American grown potatoes for their French Fries and Tater Tots. It’s quality you can feel good about, and the convenience you need in your busy life. Visit http://www.oreida.com for more great recipe ideas and to learn more!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ore-Ida. The opinions and text are all mine.