Our French Country Lavender and Lace Baby Shower should not be confused with this Lavender, Lemon and Lace 1st birthday party. If lavender and lace is your theme, however, you will find fabulous ideas to inspire food and decorations in both locations.
This french country lavender and lace baby shower was a team effort. My friend adopted a new baby girl from Ethiopia. Eden was finally being brought home to live with her forever family. As friends and family, we had nothing but excitement when planning a shower to celebrate this new life in our world.
* Affiliate links provided for your convenience. Anything you purchase through these links helps to support Meaningful Mama and the free resources I provide. Thank you for choosing to support us.
French Country Lavender and Lace Baby Shower
If you are planning a baby shower, it might be a great idea to check out my tips on how to plan a baby shower like a pro. This baby shower focused around food, decor and gifts. No games were played, so that will not be the focus today.
In doing this shower, we split up responsibilities, which made it so much easier to accomplish something fabulous for this family.
I was in charge or hosting and decorating. Two friends were in charge of the main food items. Her sisters were in charge of desserts and drinks. It was fabulous to be able to divide and conquer.
Decorating for a French Country Lavender and Lace Baby Shower
There were about 50 people (women and children) gathered in my home to celebrate. We had people everywhere, but there were two main tables set.
Table Number One
Here are the things you need to create the look:
- White Rectangular Table Cloth
- Burlap and Lace Ribbon
- Lavender Placemats (I happened to have cloth ones, but I’ve linked to affordable paper ones that will give you that pop of color you need.
- Rectangular Lace Doilies Placemats
- Clear Plastic Plates
- Plastic Silverware
- White Paper Dinner Napkins
- Clear Plastic Drinking Cups
- Thin Lavender Ribbon
- Artificial Lavender
- Vintage Small Glass Bottles – This was a super fun find. I love them and look forward to using them for a variety of occasions.
- Baby’s Breath
- Lavender Flowers
- I had and borrowed a variety of mid-sized cut-glass vases for the party, filling them with lavender flowers. I wish I had more time to look for flowers that matched a little better, but these were what was available at the time. The look of the flower in nice, it’s just not the perfect color.
Table Number Two
The second table was very similar with only a few changes. I will link only to the new products I used for this table.
- Lavender Table Cloth
- Burlap and Lace Table Runner (Only $7.99! at time of posting)
- Plastic Crystal Wine Glasses (Couldn’t find the exact – bought mine at Party City, but I like the ones I found better)
Dessert Feature Table
My husband made me the wood-looking backdrop for my Mountain Themed Boy Baby Shower. It comes in handy for a classy and adorable backdrop for any party. On the backdrop, I hung twine with lavender doilies (4″) and white doilies (6″) folded over the twine in half. These were glued together with a glue stick but double stick tape would be a good option too. Whole white doilies were also added to the backdrop with double stick tape.
The table was then decorated with the gorgeous desserts.
Antipasto Platter for French Country Lavender and Lace Baby Shower
An antipasto platter is a great option for baby showers, especially when you are feeding the masses. It’s relatively easy to put together, provides many options for the people you are feeding and is beautiful to display.
Here are the items we included in our antipasto platters: cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, mini peppers, pickled asparagus, grapes, dried fruit, crackers, breads and a variety of deli meats, cheeses and nuts. There were displayed on a variety of cut glass platters and some mason jars. The dips include pesto, hummus, and artichoke dip. We also served my favorite spinach salad.
We provided sangria for the adults and lavender lemonade for everyone else. Just noticed the leaking sangria here. Oops!
Desserts for a French Country Lavender and Lace Baby Shower
I get zero credit for these gorgeous desserts. My friend’s sister gets all the credit. Shen you are working on a shower with someone you don’t know, you never know what is going to show up. I was absolutely blown away by both the beauty and the taste of the desserts.
The Amazing Cake
Isn’t this a gorgeous cake? I can’t give instructions for this particular cake, but I can give you my most fabulous white velvet cake recipe paired with my tasty and popular buttercream frosting recipe. This cake making 101 post might be helpful as well.
This Chocolate Walnut Salted Caramel Torte was amazing. I’m glad to be able to share the recipe for you.
I could have eaten all of these blackberry pine cheese danishes. They were my favorite. I’m working on getting the recipe for you.
Isn’t this gluten-free pear almond tart beautiful? Hopefully I can get that recipe for you too.
There were also the chocolate and lemon flavored tartlets to delight guests.
What a celebration! Welcoming another human into their forever family is an amazing thing to be a part of, and we are so glad Eden is now in our lives.