These Leprechaun Hat St. Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids will make sure to delight your children this season. Kids will not only enjoy the process of making them, but they will want to wear them atop their heads for the world to see.
If you are looking for more St. Patrick’s Day crafts and activities, I hope you’ll check out my St. Patrick’s Day food ideas, four leaf clover craft and our visit from a leprechaun.
Leprechaun Hat St. Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
Today we made leprechaun hats for the kids to wear. It was a fun, little project that you can do easily with things you have at home. I hope your kids enjoy creating these fun hats.
Materials Needed to Make a Leprechaun Hat St. Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- Paper Plates
- Stock Paper – Green, Black, Yellow
- Gold Glitter
- Pipe Cleaners
- Green Craft Paint
- Paint or Sponge Brush
- White Glue
Directions for Making a Leprechaun Hat St. Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
1. I took a paper plate and cut out the center. I then had the girls paint their paper plates green with poster paint. In preparation for this craft, I had them paint the plate the day before when we were doing the apple print clover craft.
2. I then had them tape two pieces of green stock paper together and form a cylinder. You could use a stapler or a hot glue gun too. Whatever works for you. Tape was just easy.
3. Next, I had them tape their paper plate hat rim to the cylinder they had created.
4. The next step was to cut two 2.5″ width pieces of black paper. We then put double stick tape on the back and stuck it around the hat.
5. I cut out the yellow square to create the buckle. The girls applied glue and glitter. We stuck double stick tape on the back of that (after it dried) to affix it to the hat.
6. I made the little pipe cleaner flowers to stick on the side.
Now they have really fun leprechaun hats to wear around. I hope you enjoy making these with your own kids.
Note: Post was originally written in March of 2012 but re-published in February of 2019.