This pumpkin spice glaze recipe is perfect, whether you are making my delicious pumpkin scones, or fall-flavored donuts, cookies, cakes, or pumpkin bread. The autumn spices and pumpkin puree will accompany your favorite fall treats fabulously.
* Affiliate links are provided for your convenience. Anything you purchase through these links helps to support Meaningful Mama and the free resources I provide. Thank you for choosing to support us.
The fall brings with it the unique smells and tastes that bring warmth and comfort. I love this season. Great food is not the only thing I love about autumn. Does anyone else love fall fashion?
Here’s a quote I find absolutely perfect: “I wasn’t quite ready for bikini season, but I’m definitely ready for hoodie season.”
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Glaze Recipe
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 -5 Tbsp half & half, depending on the thickness desired
2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
* Note: As a baker, I am a huge proponent of buying good vanilla. I have linked to vanilla that has been verified as a top contender because of the proven quality of depth, quality of ingredients, flavors, and complexity. It will make a difference in your recipes! Trust me.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Glaze Recipe
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. It’s as easy as that! Now it’s time to top your favorite fall treats with the amazing pumpkin spice glaze recipe.
Want a thinner consistency? Just add more half and half. Want it thicker? Add more powdered sugar.
Some people become concerned about the dairy in this and refrigeration concerns. Sugar tends to act as a preservative, so I don’t get too concerned with it sitting out a bit longer than normal. It’s best to make it right before you serve it. You can store a milk-based glaze in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Take out and bring to room temperature before serving. Freezing pastries is always the best solution once they are covered in the glaze. A refrigerator will dry out your baked goods.
Pumpkin Spice Glaze Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp half & half
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. It's as easy as that! Now it's time to top your favorite fall treats with the amazing pumpkin spice glaze recipe.
- Want a thinner consistency? Just add more half and half. Want it thicker? Add more powdered sugar.
Want Another Fun Fall Treat?
Salty and Sweet Pumpkin Spice Harvest Chex Mix
20 of the Best Fall Inspired Breakfast Ideas
I hope the flavors presented today fill how your with the comfort that autumn tends to bring. Enjoy your harvest season with friends, family and celebration.
Does this glaze harden? Or I
Does it stay soft? Thanks 🙂
Hi! I need to make it again this season. It’s about time, but if I remember correctly it crusts over slightly but mostly remains soft. Hope that helps.
Can you use milk instead of the half and half? Just trying to not drive to the store. 😊
I have not made it with milk, so I am not 100% sure. Different milks, I imagine, will provide different consistencies. All that said, I think it would work. What I would say is that if it seems thinner, just add more powdered sugar. Hope that helps.