As Easter approaches, my heart is set on teaching kids about forgiveness. So often when we are working on teaching our children character and how to function in real life, it can feel like we emphasize works. As part of my character building series, we want kids to realize that grace and forgiveness are essential to understand.
We want them to be “good,” but our goal is to have our lives and our parenting reflect the gospel. The gospel message is that no one is good enough for a holy God. Therefore, we need grace, mercy and forgiveness.
Teaching kids about forgiveness, therefore, becomes the paramount message for them to learn. Not only is it important for kids to learn that they can be forgiven, but we also want to teach them to learn to forgive others.
Introduction to my Character Building Series
If you are new to my character building education series, let me tell you a little bit more about these lessons. If you check out my character building tab, you will discover 52 character traits we work on throughout the year, which equals one word per week to focus on with your kids.
Hovering over the tab will reveal all of the words. Each character trait has 7-9 lessons, so if you wanted to work on character daily, this can be an amazing resource.
This year, I want to focus on cleaning up my character building education series by presenting the lessons to you be compiling all of my lessons on a particular week. This week focusing on forgiveness.
In this series, you will find a word, definition, scripture to memorize, book lists and a number of activities and crafts related to the topic. I have also included links to other bloggers who have lessons on the trait.
I hope you are inspired to work on building character with your kids because being intentional in your parenting will help give great direction to both you and your children. Related to forgiveness, you might want to check out my grace tab.
Teaching Kids About Forgiveness with Meaningful Mama
- Forgiveness Word Ring
- Forgiveness “I Will Statements”
- Forgiveness with Sins Taken Away
- Forgiveness and an Explosion
- The Weight Lifted Through Forgiveness
- Forgiveness is a Gift
- Forgiveness Magic Trick
- Teaching Forgiveness with the Parable of the Lost Son
- Forgiveness Object Lesson with Vinegar and Baking Soda
Teaching Kids About Forgiveness from Other Sources
- Forgiving Ourselves by Kids of Integrity
- Forgiving Ourselves by Marci Coombs
- Forgiveness Lesson for Children by Children’s Ministry
- Easter Object Lesson by Another Day in Ministry
- Forgiveness Experiment by Brenna Phillips
- The Stoning of Stephan by When One Teaches Two Learn
- Easter Lesson by Amy New Nostalgia
- Easy Easter Cross Craft for Kids by Housing a Forest
- Free Forgive Coloring Sheet by Doodle Art Alley
- Forgiveness Fizz by Flame Creative Kids
- Forgiveness Soap by Our Out-of-Sync Life
- The Forgiveness Heart by Instructables
I hope this character building education series better equips you to teaching your kids all about forgiveness, so that they not only feel the freedom of being forgiven but also of forgiving others.