Do you have a breakfast or brunch coming up and need a tasty and impressive component? This vegetarian quiche recipe might be just what you are looking for. This is a recipe from my mother-in-law, and we made it for a brunch baby shower I co-hosted for my sister-in-law. The quiche was a hit. If you are looking for a non-vegetarian option as well, you should definitely try my swiss and bacon quiche.
Of course to make a great quiche, you need to start with a great pie crust. You can always buy frozen at the store, and that works. However, we tried a frozen crust next to a homemade crust, and I thought there was no comparison. I’d go fresh. That said, I know we are all busy, and I completely understand and won’t tell a soul if you buy a frozen one. If making a pie crust intimidates you, I also understand. I was intimidated for years, but I was able to post about how to make a perfect pie crust with confidence after a tutorial from my mother-in-law.
- 9" Pie Crust, unbaked in pie plate
- 1 cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Broccoli - Lightly Steamed
- 1/3 cup Diced Red Pepper
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Chopped Green Onions
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Onion Salt
- Heat oven to 400.
- Combine cheeses, broccoli and red pepper in pie crust.
- Beat remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into pie plate over other ingredients.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and will consider it when you are hosting your next breakfast or brunch event. I don’t think you will be disappointed. Stay tuned for the final results of our pink and gold brunch baby shower – coming soon!