This woodblock Santa Claus craft for kids is a simple little craft to do at Christmas. My daughter made these in her 2nd grade class last year. It is an easy and inexpensive craft to do with lots of kids. You simply need to prepare all of the woodblocks ahead of time. If you are looking for other crafts that might be fun to do with kids in the classroom, you might want to check out this cute reindeer hat or this snowman paper plate mask.
* Affiliate links provided for your convenience. Anything you purchase through these links helps to support Meaningful Mama and the free resources I provide. Thank you for choosing to support us.
I love Christmas crafts that teach the true meaning of Christmas. I believe it is important to make Jesus and His significance the center of the season. These 35+ Christ-centered Christmas activities should give you lots of inspiration.
That said, I am not opposed to doing some secular activities too – just for fun. Santa, snowman, reindeer, and Christmas tree crafts are part of that. If you also embrace the more whimsical side of Christmas, I think you will enjoy this Woodblock Santa Claus Craft for Kids.
Materials Needed to Make a Woodblock Santa Claus Craft for Kids
- 1.5″x1.5″ Block of Wood – You can find these at your local hardware store.
- Chop Saw
- Red Craft Paint
- White Craft Paint
- Black Craft Paint
- Red 0.5″ Pom Pom or 0.5″ Wooden Ball
- Paint Brushes
- Wood Glue or Hot Glue
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brushes
How to Make Woodblock Santa Claus Craft for Kids
- To prepare to make this craft, cut the wood to 5″ in length. Then, make an 45 degree cut to create the woodblock form.
- Have kids paint the entire block, except for the angled side, in red paint. The angled side they will just paint the top third red. Also, paint the wooden circle nose if using wood rather than a pom pom. Allow to dry.
- After dry, kids can paint the beard portion and the top little tip of the hat white.
- Paint on two black eyes.
- Using glue, add on the nose.
- Once dry, paint on the Mod Podge as the final coat.