The Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting I found at a website called Cupcake Project. The link is below. This rich cupcake added to chocolate cake is divine. I am attaching a picture of the cupcakes I made at another shower I put on until I have pictures from the frosted ones this coming weekend.
Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting
Yields enough frosting for 12 cupcakes.
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 C butter, room temperature
- 3-4 C sifted powdered sugar (use more or less depending on how stiff you want the frosting to be)
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 3/4 C crushed Oreos (I crushed them in the food processor to be sure the pieces would be really tiny and wouldn’t get stuck in my piping tips. If you are going to spread the frosting, it might be fun to use bigger chunks of Oreo.
- Whip cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Gently stir in crushed Oreos.