Who is ready for a delicious Cheddar, Garlic & Oregano Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe? This savory version of a traditional buttermilk biscuit will melt in your mouth. It’s a great accompaniment to soups, fried chicken or a fun twist on biscuits and gravy.
We have Thanksgiving coming up. Why not try this recipe as a new twist for your family? Looking for other side bread options? Here are my favorite potato rolls and the best bread machine rolls you’ll find.
Ingredients Needed for Cheddar, Garlic & Oregano Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 8 Tbsp cold salted butter
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- Almost 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Cheddar, Garlic & Oregano Biscuits Recipe (Makes 18)
- In a liquid measuring cup pour vinegar and then enough milk to fill to the 1 cup line. Let rest for 5 minutes. This is essentially making buttermilk.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, garlic powder, garlic salt and dried oregano.
- Transfer flour blend to food processor.
- Cut butter into tablespoons and add to the food processor. Pulse the processor until mixture resembles rough crumbs.
- Return mixture to the bowl and pour in buttermilk. Mix with a fork until the dough forms a rough ball.
- Add in cheese and mix with a fork or hands until evenly incorporated.
- Form into balls with about 1/4 cup dough.
- Bake on 425 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
I think your family and friends going to love these. These might just become a go-to comfort food in your own home.
As always, I encourage you to get your kids mixing, dumping and baking with you. This is a great kid-friendly recipe.