Do you have Valentine’s parties coming up? If you are a room mom or need to make a container for your child’s valentines, this Teddy Bear Valentine Mailbox may be just what you want.
It’s easy and made mostly of Dollar Store or basic school materials, which makes it inexpensive. I know that I call it a “mailbox,” but it’s technically a valentine bag for kids. If you are looking for other mailbox ideas you can see my Heart Fingerprint Mailbox or my Cereal Box Valentine Holder with Kid Faces. You can also visit my Valentine tab for all kinds of other craft ideas, free printables, and food ideas for kids.
This Teddy Bear Valentine Mailbox was inspired by a craft I saw for sale at the Dollar Store. I knew it would be more cost-effective for an entire class to make these if I bought all the supplies individually and piece it together on my own.
All of the heart stickers were found at the Dollar Store, and I know you can find this kind of bag there as well. I will link to Amazon to make it convenient to find one spot if preferred.
Materials Needed to Make a Teddy Bear Valentine Mailbox
* Affiliate links are provided for your convenience. Anything you purchase through these links helps to support Meaningful Mama and the free resources I provide. Thank you for choosing to support us.
- Brown Paper Bag
- 30 mm Craft Google Eyes
- Heart Stickers
- Dark Brown Stock Paper or Construction Paper
- White Construction Paper
- Glue SticksWhite Glue
- 1″-1.5″ Circle Punch
- 2″-2.5″ Circle Punch
How to Make a Teddy Bear Valentine Mailbox
- Cut six large, brown circles (2″-2.5″ inch) for the ears, feet and hands.
- Cut two small, white circles (1″-1.5″ inch) for the inside of the ears.
- Use a glue stick to glue the white circles inside the brown circles for the ears.
- Stick down the heart stickers – one for the eye, 2 for the nose, 1 for the hands to hold and 2 on the feet as shown.
- Use a glue stick to attach the ears and feet to the bag.
- Use white glue to glue the craft eyes in place as shown.
- Cut two of the brown circles into little paws.
- Glue paws in place.
There you have an adorable bag to collect all the goodies and cards your children receive. Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
Want More Valentine’s Day Ideas for Kids?
If you are looking for more Valentine’s Day ideas for kids, look no further. Check out my Valentine’s Day tab to find free printables, activities, Valentine’s Day card ideas, and more.
Here are some of my favorite idea:
Hidden Message Valentine’s Hearts